「Chapter 12」Little Doodles

-(FIRST PERSON POV)-

Wednesday. It's only Wednesday. This week is going by way too slowly.
So much has already happened; I still can't believe I've only been here for a week.

Last night I stayed up really late thinking. Sal popped up in my head a lot. The strangest thing happened though, Charlie popped up there too. Not only him, but the dead body as well. I tried sleeping it off, but the image wouldn't leave my head. Why am I just thinking about this now?

"Hey, (Y/N)!" I heard Larry say as his fingers snapped in front of my face.
"Wheeeeyyy??" I groaned out and Larry chuckled, so did everyone else.
It was lunch time and I guess I was falling asleep.

"Whatcha daydreaming about?" Ash asked.
"Eggs," I lied. Not a complete lie though, I did want to eat some eggs...

I slouched and propped my head on my palm. I looked in the corner of my eye and saw Travis approaching.
My eyes widened and I sat up once he got to our table.
"(Y/N), I want to talk to you," He spoke.
Everyone gave him a weird look and turned to me.
"Um, sure," I replied.

I got up and walked with him. He ended up leading me near the janitors closet.
"Why are we over here-"
"Why did you talk to me the other day?!"

"Huh?" I said with confusion, "Because you were visibly upset and I wanted to help you. Is that bad or something?"

"No it's, ugh," He huffed, crossing his arms in front of his chest, "I don't understand you. I don't get any of you. Why are you freaks being nice to me?! It's weird!"
"Listen, I'm just trying to be a good person Travis. Maybe you should work on that yourself maybe?"
"You—!!"

He glared at me and turned to walk away, but paused. I leaned on the wall, watching him to see what he would do next. It was amusing, I'll say that.
"You're weird as hell. Leave me alone and don't talk to me." He started walking, making me sigh. I mean, this was Travis I was dealing with. I don't know what else I expected.

"Oh come on!" I raised my voice as he was getting a bit far, "I was only trying to help! I saw you crying and I just—" He stopped in his tracks.
Fists clenching, he looked back at me, "I don't need your help!" I heard him loudly sniffle after that, and then he left.

'Well. There goes all the slight development he's made,' I thought to myself. I watched him walk off for a bit before walking back to the cafeteria. Something bothered me about that encounter though, why did Travis ask me that in the first place? I gave the best answer I could, I don't know what he expected. He's definitely dealing with shit internally.

'Maybe I should've been a bit nicer...' My mind wondered. If I showed Travis all the kindness I could give, would he not've stormed off?

-(SECOND PERSON POV)-

Once you arrived back at the cafeteria, you sat back at your table and the group asked what was up with Travis.
"He asked me why I talked to him while he was crying the other day, and totally didn't act thankful at all! It seems like he's back to his regular normal self, sorry to disappoint." You sighed and Ash patted you on the back.
"It's okay! We never expected much from him in the first place," She comforted you and you smiled at her.

"Seriously what's up with that dude?" Larry questions. Sal responds, "No idea. Definitely acts like a coming of age high school film villain though."
That comment made you all laugh and continue with light conversation.
The bell rung and you frantically searched for your next subjects' textbook, taking pretty much everything out of your backpack to look for it.

After finding what you were looking for, you put almost everything back into your bag and dashed off to your class. You didn't notice you left a certain sketchbook behind.