「Chapter 9」Curious

-
Then, all of a sudden I heard strange noises coming from the device from his end.

"Larry? You okay?"

"I—Ye—Don—"

"What?? You're cutting out."

"Sa—h—we'r—fi—he—wal-"

"Larry???"

-

My heartbeat started to quicken as I heard nothing from his side. I was really confused and slightly annoyed because this wasn't what I thought would happen.
I sighed and put the walkie-talkie away.

(SECOND PERSON POV)

A few minutes before:

Sal was in the bathroom when he heard Larry talking. He washed his hands and walked out of the bathroom to see Larry sitting on his beanbag talking to his walkie-talkie.

"Uhh...Lar?" Sal questioned.

"Oh shit," Larry said into the device before putting it in his pocket. "Back already?" Larry started to sweat. He hoped Sal hadn't heard his conversation with you.

"Who were you talking to?" Sal asked, "Was it (Y/N)? And why are you hiding the walkie-talkie?"

He looked away from me and said, "Oh it's nothing bro! Hey, wanna practice guitar? You can go ahead, I'll get set up in a sec."

Sal squinted.

"You're lying, aren't you?" He questioned and Larry started to sweat more.

"No way!! You're my homie I'd never lie to you!" Larry claimed.

"Give me the walkie, Lar."

"Hey man, it's nothing!" He said, hiding the device behind him. Sal knew that whoever he was talking to probably had some big secret because he was panicking.

"What is it about..?" Sal said, "Or who? Is it Ash? Todd? Chug? You?? (Y/N)?"
"No." He answered.

"Is it about me?" Sal then asked and Larry looked up at him and then away to the side.

"...No..." He mumbled. He's a pretty shitty liar when it comes to his friends.

"It is, isn't it??" Sal exclaimed, walking towards Larry.

"N-No dude!" Larry tried to lie again, Sal but knew.

"Give me the walkie, Larry." He said.
"Never!!" He replied, holding it close to him.

"Omae wa mou shindeiru." Sal declared, his hands making their way to the walkie-talkie.
"Nani?!" He yelled.

He quickly tried to grab it from Larry but Larry was faster. Sal had to use his skill and pure strength to pry it out of Larry's goddamn secretive hands. Which was difficult because Larry was stronger than Sal.

"I'm just curious, Larry." Sal told him.

He shivered, "Why are you so scary?! And no! You can't have it, dude!"

"But I thought I was your bro, bro..." Sal mumbled, suddenly going from terrifying to soft sad bro.
"Bro..you are. But this is top secret homie. I can't let you see it." He responded, his grip weakening.

Haha, gotcha.

Since he fell for Sal's trick, he swiftly reached for Larry's walkie-talkie and managed to grab it, making Larry panic as he attempted to pull it it away. Their hands battled to try and grab the device. They didn't realize their fingers were pushing a certain button on it.

While they fought over the device, they didn't realize that you heard all of it. Well, not all. Just bits and pieces, enough to get you to be a little concerned. Sal then let himself fall on top of Larry as Sal tried to grab the walkie-talkie, but Larry was able to get it out of Sal's hands and hold it up over his head. Little did he know, he was sitting on a bean bag. So Sal stood up, and snatched it.

"Alright alright! You're terrifying when you're stubborn, you know!" Larry said and stood up, holding up his hands in defense.
"I was talking to (Y/N). You can't let them know though! They told me to not tell anyone, especially you!" He covered his mouth a bit as he realized how that came out not as he intended.

"What?" Sal asked.

"I'm just gonna let you know that if I tell you what they said, they'll murder the both of us." Larry said, calming down.

Sal calmed down too. This was stupid. He told himself, 'Maybe I shouldn't snoop into (Y/N)'s business...'

Oh well. Sal handed Larry's walkie-talkie back to him and sat down on the floor next to the beanbag.
"What am I doing?" Sal breathed.

"You shouldn't tell me. If they didn't want me to know then I'll respect that." He sighed and looked up at Larry.

"Because you like them?" Larry teased.

Sal jokingly punched his arm, "Yeah, whatever. Like I said before, I just met them."

"Ughh enough with that! We all literally solved a murder together!" Larry told him, "You don't realize how much of great couple you two would be. Seriously, dude, I could be your wingman or something like that."

"Maybe later, but not now," Sal replied, "I just want to give it time, okay?"

"Okay then," Larry sighed, "It wasn't anything bad incase you were worried."

Sal smiled "Yeah. I wasn't."

-

Later on in his room, Sal took off his mask and placed it on his desk. Laying down on his bed, he grabbed his walkie talkie and set it to go to yours. He spoke, "Hey, are you awake?"

He waited a bit to get your response, and soon you replied, "Yeah, hey, what's up?"

"I just wanted to say goodnight and that I hope your bruise doesn't hurt too bad. That was a nasty fight haha."
"Thanks! It's getting better, I've been putting ice on it ever since I got home. It was a pretty bad fight, huh?"
Sal chuckled, "Where'd all that strength come from? Anyways, don't let your bruise keep you from sleeping well."
"Oh don't worry about me! Seriously, I'll be okay. But thank you, I hope you sleep well too."
"Goodnight."
"Goodnight!"

. . .
. . .

You held your ear after hanging up-
The ringing is back.

-

WHOOO WELL THAT WAS A CHAPTER
Sorry it's so short I wanted to get it out as soon so you know what happened. Also thanks for 16k! All of you are so supportive and it literally makes me the happiest person alive oh my god!!!!!!
-Cake