「Chapter 1」Awkward Introductions

I live a pretty normal life. I have a good house, a good relationship with my mom, and a perfect cat who loves me as much as I love her.
However, I struggle making friends. And I have no idea why! Whenever I talk to people I just freak out and say the worst stuff, and it causes people to not like me. It's not that bad, though I wish I could have at least 1 friend so I wasn't so lonely all the time.

-

My mom suddenly announced that she got a new job and we were moving into an apartment building called 'Addison Apartments'. I was pretty excited about it and wondered about who I was going to meet there. Hopefully I can make some friends.

We had to start packing immediately because my mom's job required her to start in a few days. But it was fine because we both didn't have too much stuff to pack.
After we were all ready to go, we put our stuff in our big car and drove off.

On the car ride to our new home, my cat, Mimi, wouldn't stay still. We had to put her in a cat cage because I didn't want her clawing me throughout the entire ride. Mimi was one of those hyper cats that got excited over nothing, like a dog.

I tried to calm her down by trying to pet her through the holes in the cage, but she backed away. I sighed and went back to staring at the window, thinking of nothing.

After a few hours, we finally arrived. I opened the door and stared at the building for a second. It looked...decent. Not the best but it was alright. I started taking my things out along with Mimi's cage and my mom getting her stuff as well.
We headed in and my mom got her key. Once we got up to our room, we went inside and started unpacking our stuff.

Another hour went by and I was so bored. Even my cat was bored, which was rare.

I decided to take a break from packing so I sat down on the couch, petting Mimi who was sitting next to me as I stared off into space.

Then, I heard a knock at the door. My mom came out of her room and opened it. I was still spacing out because it was calming.

"Hello! Oh? Splendid! Could you show my kid around the apartment so they can get to know the neighbors? You look around their age too, so I bet you guys will get along great!" I could tell my mom was smiling when she said this. I couldn't really hear the person at the door because their voice sounded muffled by something most likely covering their face.

"(Y/N)! There's someone here that'll show you around the building." She turned to look at me and then turned around to face the person, letting them inside our apartment. "Don't come home too late!" And after that, she closed the door behind her and went to her room to continue unpacking.

I was finally able to get a good look at the person. He, I believe, was wearing an over sized black sweater, red jeans that were ripped at the knees, blue converse, had blue hair that was put up into pigtails, and bright blue eyes that were currently staring into my soul. The person also had a mask on, and it honestly looked so cool.

"Hi. I'm Sal Fisher, but some people call me 'Sally Face'. I live on the floor above you." Now that the person was closer, I could tell they were a boy from their voice. Even though he had that huge mask on, I could tell he was nervous because he stood awkwardly and his eyes avoided eye contact with me. Sal extended his hand out for me to shake but I continued staring at his mask since it was very unusual.

"Holy shit." I said simply and his eyes looked back at mine. My eyes widened as I realized what I was doing. "Oh my God- ahh- I'm so sorry! I just-"

"It's fine. It happens a lot, and I'm used to it. My mask's a prosthetic by the way." He interrupted, shrugging. I'm so dumb, I must've made him upset. And I've only known him for 2 minutes!

"Ah...a-anyway, my name's (Y/N) (L/N)." I held my hand out for him, just like he did for me, and he accepted it. His hand was abnormally cold, which was strange but I didn't question it.

Just then, Mimi came out of the shadows and started rubbing herself on Sal's ankles. A small laugh came out of him and he squatted down to pet the cat. I could definitely tell that he was smiling behind that mask because of his eyes.

I was told that emotions are better expressed by the eyes, and with this Sally Face guy, I believe in that even more. I smiled a bit too just looking at him.
Suddenly, Mimi started zooming around the living room.

"That's my cat Mimi. She's a hyper cat, almost like a dog." I said while watching my cat go crazy and let out a small giggle. I saw Sal pause for a moment, and then continued to pet Mimi.

"Are you okay?" I asked with concern and he looked at me with sad but calm eyes.

"I'm okay." He spoke and looked away, but I felt incredibly guilty.

"I'm sorry...again. Let's get out of the room so you can show me around, alright?" I gave him a small smile trying to lighten the mood. He looked at me and nodded.

I put food and water in Mimi's bowl so she'd have something to do while I was gone, told my mom I was leaving and headed out with Sal.

It was silent between us before Sal spoke up.

"I have a cat too," He said.

"Oh?" I replied, looking at him.

"His name's gizmo. Pretty chill, unlike yours." He joked and I agreed and laughed.

It got quiet again and it was extremely awkward. He seemed a bit uncomfortable again, so I broke the ice this time.

"That's a really cool mask you know." I said and he turned to look at me, "It suits you and makes you stand out. I really like it." He was surprised and looked away from me.
"Oh. Thanks..." He calmed down and I smiled.

We stopped at a room on my floor and knocked. The person who opened it up was a gross looking middle aged man. "Hello?" He said and I looked at Sal but then back at the man.

"Hi. I'm (Y/N) (L/N). I just moved here and I wanted to greet my neighbors." I said. He looked over at Sal and spoke, "Sally! Hey good pal. Why don't you two come inside for a bit?"
Before I could do anything, Sal quickly replied back, "No thanks Charley. We're in a hurry because (Y/N)'s mother doesn't want them to stay out too late." After Sal said this, Charley looked a little mad.

"It won't take that long-"
"Sorry, gotta go!" Sal said and closed the door, grabbed my hand and dashed to the elevator. Once we got inside I looked at him with a confused expression.

"I didn't want you to go in there because Charley is...quite creepy." He said and chuckled. I chuckled too and nodded. He then slipped in a card for the basement, I believe.

"Is that the basement? Wait, why would you take me there?" I asked. Sal looked at me and said,

"There's someone I want you to meet."

-

Hiii!! Hope you enjoyed my first chapter of this fanfiction. I recently got into the Sally Face game and I've been completely obsessed with it. Anyway, chapter 2 will come out soon!

-Cake