「Chapter 3」Crime scene

-
I let out a small sigh as I made my way to the couch. My cat approached me and jumped up onto the couch and into my lap. I stroked her fur with my hand and thought about my day before my thoughts were interrupted by my mother.

"Oh there you are! I was starting to wonder when you'd get home. I already started unpacking your stuff for you while you were gone." She smiled as she came out of my new room to sit on the couch next to me.

She kissed my cheek and I gave her a quick hug.

"So, how were the neighbors?" Mom asked.
"Oh, I actually didn't get to meet all of them yet since they didn't open their doors, but the ones I did meet were quite nice." I told her and smiled.

"Make any more friends?" She questioned again.
"Actually, I did. Sal, of course. And another guy, his name's Larry and he lives in the basement with his mom. His mom is also about your age I think," I answered, "Sal even told me that he'd introduce me to two more people! They're called Ash and Todd as I remember." I became excited and my mom noticed, so she ruffled my hair.

"I love seeing you this happy, honey." She then hugged me and I hugged her back. My cat was being squished in the middle of us, though. Mimi the cat, although looking uncomfortable, purred and snuggled up against me.

"Okay, well I made some dinner if you're hungry." She told me and broke out of the hug.
"No thanks, I'll just go to my room." I smiled and she nodded.

I headed to my room and still saw many packed boxes, but I was exhausted so I just let myself flop on the bed. My mom has already made the bed, blankets and everything so I got comfortable.

I decided to be lazy and instead of unpacking, I set up my TV and binged some shows. After becoming tired, I let myself fall asleep.

-

Once I woke up, I yawned and looked at my alarm clock, 8:29 am.

Jumping out of bed, I stretched my arms and legs, smiling in the process. I walked out of the room and used the bathroom to brush my hair and teeth. After that, I go to the living room and find my mother there. I hug her and then sit on my couch.

"Good Morning! Hey, I'm running a little late for work so I didn't have time to make you breakfast. There's bagels on the counter though." She said and went over to me and kissed my cheek.

"What? You're working on Sundays?" I asked.

"All week except Monday and Wednesday." She sighed as well as I.
"It's quite alright, though. The more I work the more I get paid!" She laughed. I smiled a bit before she left.

I was a little bummed that she had to work so much, since we have such a tight bond, but she does get paid more. And at least she doesn't work all week.

Anyway, as I was about to turn on my T.V., I saw a note near my front door. It looked like someone slid it under the crack. It read:

Hey (Y/N). Come to the basement and hang out w/ me and Larry. -Sally Face

I smiled and quickly put on some clothes and made my way to the basement.
Once I got there, I knocked on the door. Larry opened it and greeted me before pushing me in the apartment rather quickly. Sal also greeted me and I greeted them both back.
Larry guided us to his room and once we all got inside he shut the door behind us.

We sat in silence for a bit before Sal spoke up.
"You gonna tell them, Larry?" He asked.
"Do you think they could handle it?" Larry asked Sal, who just scratched his head.
"What are you guys talking about?" I asked and Larry sighed.

"You know Charley, right? Well I always thought he was a massive creep, but I believe that he was the one for Ms. Sanderson's death." He explained, but I was still confused.
"Death? What?" I said with major confusion.

"Right, I forgot to tell you, sorry." Sal said and started to explain about the murder that had happened in the building.

"That's...awful." I simply replied and the two nodded.
"Anyway, what I called you two hear today is to form a plan to prove that Charley is the murderer." Larry said. My stomach twisted in fear, just what the hell was I getting myself into?

"I believe we should go up to the room where the murder took place." Sal stated, "However, there's a cop blocking the door so we need to find a way to get rid of him."

"Which is why you two will need these." Larry said as he gave us two walkie-talkies.
"You two will go into the room and check it out while I will make a false robbery call to get the cop out of there, and these walkie-talkies will allow me to tell you right away when the cop leaves." He explained.

"Wait, so me and Sal are going to investigate the crime scene?" I asked with concern.
"Yup." Larry said.

"I-" I started before Sal cut me off.
"If don't want to, you can stay with Larry if you want. I won't force you to do anything you're not comfortable with." Sal told me and Larry agreed.

"Thanks, Sal, but I think I'll be...alright going with you." I said and Sal gave me a thumbs up.
"Alright, let's get moving!" Larry encouraged and Sal and I made our way to the 4th floor, where Ms. Sanderson had been killed.

-

"Alright Larry, we're on the 4th floor." Sal said into his walkie-talkie.
"The cop is still there." Sal stated.

Suddenly the cop took out his phone and then started running to the elevator and left.

"He should be gone now." Larry said.
"Cool, thanks, Larry Face."
"No prob, Sally Face."

As we made our way to the door of the crime scene, I held onto Sal's arm and sighed.
"Are you sure you want to do this?" Sal asked with worry. I nodded as a response.
"Okay." Sal said and we opened the door and walked in really quickly.

What laid before us was pretty scary.

The police hadn't cleaned the blood off the walls, and everything was a mess.

I inhaled quickly, and Sal took noticed and shook off my grip on his arm to hold my hand.
He gave it a slight squeeze which told me: 'It's going to be alright.'
I calmed down a bit and we started looking around the room.

"Sal, look! She used to collect ponies haha." I giggled and Sal quickly came over to me.
"Charley collects those things," Sal exclaimed.
"And when I first moved in here I went in his room, and I think one of his ponies had blood on it." He said and I gasped. This could be our evidence!

"Let's get out of here and tell Larry." I said, Sal agreed and we basically ran out of the room.
"Larry, we're coming down to the basement. I think we found evidence." Sal spoke into the device.

"Alright, get here quick!"

-

YEEEEE HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER!!! So sorry nothing actually happened though, chapter four will be out soon!

-Cake