「Chapter 5」Nockfell High 1/2

-
After we got back inside the building, we got up into the elevator.

"Are you gonna be okay?" Sal said and I gave his shoulder a pat while nodding.
"Of course. And if I do get scared, I'll let you know, alright?"
"Alright," He stepped into the elevator with me and we started idle conversation.

I told Sal how I was excited for school tomorrow, and he said the same. Once I got to my floor, I waved him goodbye and we went our separate ways.
Once I got home, I said goodnight to my mom and then went to my room to go to sleep.

. . .

"Who's there??"
I can barely hear myself. Everything is so drowned out.
"I can't- I don't know how to get out of here!"
That's right, where am I? I can't see anything. I can't even stand...
"Is- Is anyone here?!"

"You can leave this hole yourself. Stop holding back."
That's not my voice... tufts of green hair, a tattered pink dress? Who-

. . .

Inhaling sharply and sitting up from my bed, I'm awake. I groaned and held my head in pain. What was that dream?
Ignoring it, I got dressed and went to the bathroom to use the toilet, brush my teeth, do my hair and all that.

I grabbed a bagel from the counter and waved my mom goodbye, who wished me luck.
I stepped out our apartment and made my way to the buildings exit.

Sal and Larry were already waiting for me, so we started to walk to school.
"You okay, (Y/N)?" Sal asked. "Sal told me how freaked out you were," Larry said. Sal spoke again, "Yeah, you seemed pretty out of it after we saw- y'know."

I paused for a moment before responding, "...No, I'm alright. What about you two, how are you holding up?" I asked. Larry smirked and told me how he was feeling extremely confident after solving a whole murder case with us. Sal shrugged, "Could be better" he simply said.

We all just made small talk after and made stupid jokes until we got there. We were about ten minutes early so when we got to some girl and and a boy, the two began to introduce themselves to me.

"You're new here, aren't you?" The girl said, and I nodded. "Well, I'm Ashley, but everyone just calls me Ash," She greeted, waving to me. I smiled, waving back. "Hi, I'm Todd," Todd said, shaking my hand.  "Oh, Hey! I'm (Y/N)," I told the two with a smile.

"Yup, this is (stupid nickname)! The person Sal and I have been telling you both about." Larry said, ruffling my hair. I laughed and slapped his hand away.

I looked at Sal, but he seemed lost in thought. Maybe he's feeling off about what we saw yesterday? I was going to ask him then, but I decided to wait until lunch.

"The bell's gonna ring any second now, so we should all get going to class now," said Sal and we all agreed.

-

It was a little hard getting to my classes since I had no idea where everything was and I didn't really have any classes with anyone I knew, but I figured it out eventually.

Thankfully, I had the class that was right before lunch with Sal.
My desk was right next to Sal's, so I kept glancing at him to see if he was okay now. But throughout the entire period, he just seemed so out of it.
I begun to get a little worried, so after class ended I caught up to him.

"Sal! Hey!" I exclaimed. "Hey, (Y/N)." He replied. I could tell he was smiling because of the way his eyes looked. He looked a little better than before, but I still wanted to ask him about before. Once we started walking to the cafeteria together, I began to ask.

"Uh, Sal. Are you alright? You seemed upset this morning after Ash and Todd introduced themselves and you seemed sad during last period." I said with concern.

"Don't worry, it's nothing." He said. I shrugged and didn't press further as Sal seemed awkward.
"Alright, let's get going! I'm starving," I said and grabbed his hand.

As we were walking, I heard a loud laugh come from my right.
"No way!" A voice chuckled, so I turned my head in the direction of the sound. The person who yelled was a boy with blonde hair, and tan skin. He wore a pink sweater, blue shorts and green sneakers.

"So you're the new person? And you're with Sally Face of all people?! How stupid." He laughed, and I stopped, staring straight at him with confusion.

"(Y/N)? Why'd you stop?...Oh, him." Sal said, and his grip on my hand got stronger, "Just ignore him, he's just a stereotypical bully."

"I heard that, Sally Face!" The boy yelled, and started walking over to us. Sal walked in front of me, almost like he was protecting me. And he never let go of my hand either.

"What do you want, Travis?" Sal asked, clearly annoyed. "Actually, I'll talk to you later. Your voice always makes me want to vomit. You," Travis said, looking in my way now, "What's your name?" He then proceeded to mispronounce my name.

Sal pushed me further behind himself so that Travis couldn't see me as much.
"What the hell is with you, Sally? I just want to talk to them." Travis grumbled. Sal sighed and slowly let me go in front of him, letting go of my hand.

I gave Travis a blank look.
"What are you doing hanging out with that freak? If you want people to like you, stop hanging out with him and his little group of weirdos." He said, giving Sal the side eye.

"Don't call him that. And they're not weirdos!" I sneered.
"Whatever! You're not worth my time anyway. You're a freak just like the rest of them!" He hissed while walking away.

"Maybe if you weren't such a prick, there would be some hope for you!" I yelled, and he turned around.
"You picking a fight?!" He yelled, walking back over to me.
"Maybe I am!" I roared. Sal grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him and away from Travis.

"No, (Y/N)! This really isn't a good idea, no matter what you do to that guy he's not gonna stop being an asshole. So just drop it." Sal told me.
I thought for a second, and decided that Sal was right. I should stop this petty fight now.

"You know what, I'm gonna stop this right here. This is just going to get out of hand if we don't stop this now." I declared, but Travis didn't seem to agree.

"What, you scared now?!" He teased.
"I'm serious-" I was cut off when Travis punched me, right on the cheek.

My head turned from the sudden impact, but I didn't fall.
"(Y/N)! Are you okay?!" Sal asked with worry. I nodded and brushed him off.

I laughed, "Alright... if you insist, Travis!"

-

I'M SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN A WHILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've had writer's block so please forgive me!! Anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter. Get ready for some more drama in Chapter 6.

-Cake