Opinion//Chapter Tease

It has been a while since I have been back to this book, but re-reading it made me... Cringe. So much, in fact, I'm willing to re-write this.

But not a Jasper x Reader.

I sort of like how I portray Suave in this, and I'm thinking of making a completely different story with an actual story line.

A Suave x Reader. Maybe a little teaser will persuade some of you. Yes, I know Suave isn't in this Sneaky peek.

(Y/n)'s POV

I was wondering around the small village, avoiding the sight of others. The sun was setting, a bright orange and red hue casted across the sky. I smiled to myself, knowing it would be a beautiful night.

"There she is!" An alarmed voice called out. Frightened, I turn to gaze at who yelled out, finding an accusing finger pointed in my direction. I mentally curse the fish-like-woman and sigh angrily.

"What shall you accuse me of this time?" I asked, maybe a little too rudely. "You're a vampire! Just admit it and let us kill you quickly." She said, venom lacing her voice.

"Isn't it treason to accuse an innocent villager of being a vampire, of all creatures? Everyone in this village knows that you've always had a problem with me and my mother, it sounds like you want us killed without reason at all." I eyed her expression, a glare plastered on my face.

"Tch, never mind. You just waste my time anyway, the night approaches quickly in winter. I'll take my leave, Eterna." She was flabbergasted, rage seeping from her eyes. I smile and walk away from the angered lady in armour.

I walk into a little cottage right by the walls that protected the village, sighing in satisfaction of the warmth emitted from the food my mother had prepared. I smile to myself and skipped to the small kitchen, starting on packing away the groceries I had gotten.

"Darling, you've got a visitor.." Mother said, sadness etching itself into the ending of her sentence. "Is it that of... Father?" I asked carefully, only receiving a nod. I pack the rest of the food items, then quickly run up to my room, seeing a bat with pink wings, it's ears a vibrant pink also, that faded to yellow.

"Jasper? Why are you here?? And at such a time! You realize you cannot go back, it's too dangerous!" I scold the now skeleton figure. He sighs and turns away, hating the annoyed look on my face.

"I need you to come home, immediately if possible." He says in a guilty fashion. My eyes widen, my mouth slightly opened in shock. "What's happened?" Is all I manage to ask. Our Father kicked me out for a reason, and I resented him for it.

"Father is badly injured... As well as Encre.." I slammed my fist on the table, my expression changing from shock to outright rage. Letting my emotions take over, I growled.

"I made that person I call 'Father' promise me that he'd not let ANY harm come to that skeleton, Jasper!! Encre is an important part of my family, he was the closest thing I got to the love of a Father! What happened!?" I nearly screamed out.

"We suffered an attack from the Southern werewolf pack, Encre tried to protect Father because he was rushing me away.. Encre was badly injured, Father noticed and wiped out most of the pack, but when he took hold of Encre, the hunters were there.. He's dying, (Y/n). Please, I know he'll never ask, but I beg you to help him..."

I could sense the sentiment he held in his voice, so I sighed and grabbed his cape, dragging him downstairs to the dinner table. "We leave tomorrow morning, very early to ensure Jasper's safety. I'm going back to the castle, Encre's in critical condition, as well as Father." I repeated to mother.

Jasper bowed his head, smiling nervously at my mother. "That's fine... Do come back safely." Is all she said. "I'm unsure how long I'll be, Mother. It could take months," She smiled, hushing my thoughts. I sighed and smiled also, nodding a silent thanks to her.

Me, mother and Jasper ate together in silence. That night I hardly got much sleep, awaiting tomorrow.