Dallas Stars - Tyler Seguin

Dog Park

I moved to Dallas about two weeks ago. I was walking around and I came across this dog park. I have been hoping that I would be able to find one around where I lived. I would take my dog Max to the park back where I use to live now that I moved I was worried.

Max is a two-year-old Dalmatian. He is full of energy and loves to meet new people and dogs. That's one of the reasons I take him to the dog park because he gets along with the other does so well.

I was sitting on one of the benches at the park just looking around and realizing. Moving to a different state is exhausting. I watched has max was playing with a black lab and a brown lab. They looked like they were having the time of their life.

"Mind if I sit?" I looked up to see a man with sunglasses on and a black hat I couldn't see his face but his beard looked nice.

"Um yeah." He had two leashes in one hand with no dogs on the end of them and in the other, he had other leashes with a yellow lab on the end of it. The lab had put his head on my knee I leaned over and started petting him. "What's his name." I looked up to his owner.

"This is Gerry. The newest member of the family." He smiled down at his dog.

"He's sweet. I am guessing you have two more." I pointed at the other two leashes.

"No, I just carry these around looking for dogs I could take home. I just found Gerry here today." I lean back on the bench and looked at him. "I'm kidding." He started laughing. "You see the two labs over there with the Dalmatian. Those two are also mine the brown one is Marshall and the black one is Cash." He pointed out the two dogs playing with Max. I don't know why but it made me smile. "What about you? which one is yours?"

"The Dalmatian your dogs are playing with. His name is Max."

"Well, what are the odds."

We sat there in silence for a bit which was nice. We would watch our dogs and at time Gerry would jump up on the bench and play with his owner.

"Are you new around here?"

"I just moved here actually two weeks ago from Georgia." I didn't look at him I was still watching Max.

"I have been there a few times it's nice there. Why did you move here?" I glanced at him for a moment. He was looking at me he was petting his dog.

"I got a job here and I am supposed to start in two days." I noticed with was getting later and I still had to feed Max. "It's getting late. It was nice meeting you." I stood up. "Max come here boy," I called out to my dog. He looked up and ran right to me.

"It was nice meeting you too. My name is Tyler by the way." Tyler stood up next to me. I saw his other two dogs walking over.

"It was nice talking to you Tyler. I'm Hannah." I smiled at him while he put the leashes on his dogs. We said our goodbyes again and went our separate ways.

*Two days later*

I wasn't really nervous for my first day of work but there was something a little off about today. I don't know what it was and it wasn't a bad thing either. I just couldn't put my figure on it.

I pulled into the AAC in the staff parking. I looked up the area. Well here goes nothing. what if none of the staff liked me what if the players I work on don't like. I am one of those people that I feel that I get along with everyone. I don't like being not liked. If that even makes sense.

"Hey, are you Hannah?" I jumped a bit when they started talking. I turned to see a fairly tall man with a beard. "I'm Jamie I was sent to look for you to make sure you didn't get lost on your first day." I knew exactly who he was when he said his name. Jamie Benn the captain of the Dallas Stars.

"Yes, I am Hannah. It's nice to meet you." I put my hand out to shake his.

"So you are you with our new trainers? Have you worked with athletes before?" He started to make the same talk while I followed him.

"Yeah, I did actually I was a trainer with the Atlanta Falcons for about two years." Before Jamie was able to say anything someone else came up to us.

"There you are, Benn. I was being to think that I should have sent Seguin out with you. I thought you got lost." A little bit older man came up to us. "You must be Hannah. I am Roger the guy you talk to on the phone."

"It's nice to meet you."

"So today all I want you to do really if meet the staff and the players and we will get into the real work tomorrow. The team just finished practice so they should be decent to meet them now. Jamie, will you led the way?" He nodded and started walking with Roger and I close behind.

"I am going to go in to make sure its alright for you to go in and I will start introducing you to everyone.

Once Jamie went inside the locker room Roger's phone went off and said that he had to take it. He walked down the hall a bit and answer the phone. I was left there probably looking dumb.

"Hannah?" What is up with people here making me jump. I turned around and noticed it was Tyler Seguin.

"Yes?" I was a little confused on how he knew my name.

"You don't recognize me do you?" I looked at him for a moment and then the dog park popped in my head. Holy crap I was talking to Tyler two days ago while our dogs were playing.

"Oh my gosh, I didn't even know it was you!" Tyler laughed.

"I'm glad no one knew who I was. I just wanted to spend some time with my dogs and I just happened to meet a beautiful girl." I turned away. I knew I was blushing. "So what are you doing here?"

"I am the new trainer here." I wasn't nervous for my first day but being here with Tyler and knowing I already meet him was making me nervous for some reason. Before either of us to say anything else Jamie walked out of the locker room.

"Hannah you can come in now." Jamie looked at me and saw who I was talking to. "I see you have to meet Tyler." We both nodded our heads yes. Jamie held the door open for me I started walking in when Tyler stopped me.

"Wait one moment Jamie I will take her in just in a minute." He looked at Tyler and back at me and walked back in the locker room. I turned to Tyler. "Would you go on a date with me?" My eyes went wide while looking at Tyler.

"You want to take me on a date?" I asked him in shock.

"Yes, I would like to take you out. Maybe show you the city. You said you just moved here." I smiled at him. "The truth is that I haven't stopped think about you since we meet in the park and I hated myself that I didn't get your number." He hasn't stopped thinking about me? "Seeing you here I don't want to lose another chance. So will you go on a date with me?"

"I would like that."

Tyler asked for my number before we went into the locker room. I was excited about our date I couldn't wait. Maybe Dallas won't be that bad.