Boston Bruins - Charlie McAvoy

Don't Go

I knew moving here wasn't going to fix all of our problems but I thought I would be spending more time with Charlie. I know our schedules are a little off. Every time I have off he as practice/a game or he is out with the guys. I thought when I moved here that I would see him more then I did when I lived in a different state but I have like I have seen him less and we live in the same house.

Right now I'm waiting for Charlie to come home from practice hoping he hasn't made any plans to go out because I have off today and had a rough week at work and all I want to do is spend time with him and watch movies all night.

I heard the front door while I was in the kitchen. I heard his bags drop on the ground and footsteps walking towards where I was.

"Hey babe," I turned around at the sound of his voice and smiled at him.

"So I was thinking we could watch some movies tonight and just relax."

"I'm sorry I made plans with the guys tonight."

"Of course you did," I mumbled to myself, well I thought it was to myself.

"What was that?"

"Nothing don't worry about it. I will just eat dinner by myself again I will just stay home by myself again and try to remember why I moved out here in the first place because I forgot why I moved so far away from my friends and family." I put the last plate way from the dishwasher and closed it.

"Oh, I thought you moved yet here to be with me." I could tell he was getting mad.

"I thought I did too Charlie but I have barely seen you. When I have off you are going out with the guys. After a game, you want to go out with the guys. When was the last time we had a night than the two of us? Because I can't remember it."

"I'm sorry I want to hang out with my friends, sorry you don't have any." That's what pushed me over the edge.

"I don't have any here because I thought I would have my boyfriend. All my friends are back home. Where all the people that care about me. Maybe I should just go back there because it doesn't seem like I have no one here." I could feel the tears beginning to form in my eyes

"Well, maybe you should." After that, I walked out of the kitchen and went to our room to pack my things.

I wasn't going to stay somewhere that I wasn't wanted. I should have listened to everyone when they said not to move out here that it was too soon. Charlie and I were only dating for five months before I moved out here. I thought moving here was a great idea to be with the person that you wanted to be with. I guess I was wrong.

I got my suitcase out of the closet and put on the bed and started filling it with clothes. I can feel the tear fall down my cheek. How could I be so stupid? I noticed out the corner or my eye that Charlie was standing in the doorway looking at me. I just ignored him and continued to get all my things together.

"What are you doing?"

"What does it look like? I am packing because I am going home."

"Babe you are home." He walked over to me but I backed up so he wouldn't touch me.

"No, I am not. Home is where you have people that care about you and love you. I have neither of those things here."

"But I love you." I looked at him a little shocked because neither one of us have said I love you to each other yet. "I love you Y/N. I am sorry I haven't been here. I am sorry that I haven't been with you and spending time with you. I didn't realize how much I was spending with the guys till now. Please don't go."

"Charlie since I have been here you are always with your friends." He stepped towards me this time I didn't back away.

"I will change give me another chance don't leave me, please. Please don't go." He put his forehead on my and closed his eyes. I lend up and kiss his lips.

"Don't make me regret this Charlie."

"I love you Y/N,"