Toronto Maple Leafs - Auston Mattews

Beach Trip

I watched as the clock counted down 10 seconds left. I was trying to get my homework done but I just couldn't take my eyes off the game. Leafs were down 7 to 4. I knew Auston wasn't going to be happy with the outcome of this.

5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1..

The buzzer went off and the Toronto Maple Leafs lose against the Boston Bruins in game 7.

There was no way I was going to be able to finish my homework now. I was too focused on how to make Auston feel better once he got home.

Auston and I have been dating for almost 4 years now but have known each other our whole lives. He is my best friend and I don't know what I would do without him at times. Knowing that is upset right now kills me and all I want to do is make him feel better. I started walking around the house trying to figure out something I can do for him but nothing came to mind.

I jumped at the sound of my phone going off. I looked and saw it was Steph calling.

"Hello"

"Hey, girl did you see the game? I know you were doing homework." I sighed

"Yeah I did I had it while doing it which was a bad idea but I saw it."

"The guys are going to have a hard time with this."

"Yeah I know I was trying to figure out something I could do to help Auston feel less down about the game but I just couldn't think of anything. Got any ideas for me?" I asked Steph in hopes that she could help me out.

"Well, I was actually going to take Mitch on a trip to get him away from hockey for a bit why not you and Auston come too. I sure they both would love it and they really need to take the time off." That was perfect.

"That is a great idea."

Steph and I stay on the phone a little longer playing everything out. We had to wait till after locker clean out so we decided that night once they go home we would leave. I just hope this trip gets Auston's mind off what happen and that he just has a good time.

***

I never heard Auston come home last night and I don't remember coming up to bed either, but then again I am a heavy sleeper. I rolled over and saw Auston sitting leaning against the headboard looking at his phone.

"How long have you been up?"

"A while" was all he said not even looking up from his phone.

"When did you get in last night? I tried to stay awake till you got home but I guess I fell asleep."

"I got home around 4 maybe." He put his phone down and looked down at me and smiled. "I saw that you were on the couch so I carried you up. I wasn't surprised that you didn't wake up you have always been a heavy sleeper." He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to him.

"What are your plans for today?"

"Just spending time with you, if you're not busy."

"I have one last final to do today which is at 2 but other than that I am all yours." I leaned up and gave him a kiss. "Come on I will make you some breakfast." I got out of bed and started walking downstairs.

I didn't want to ask him about his game. I knew he would get upset about it. If he brings it up then I will talk about it but if not my lips at sealed shut about the topic of game 7 against the Boston Bruins.

***

Two days later

Today is the day Steph and I surprise Auston and Mitch with the trip we are going on. We decided to tell them that we are leaving to go on vacation so they could pack their own clothes we thought that would be the best idea.