Dallas Stars - Tyler Seguin

Don't Make Me Choose

When Tyler and I started dating we kept it a secret for a while. I knew how my brothers would react if I told them I was dating Tyler Seguin. Former teammate of one and teammate and best friend of the other.

I love both my brothers more then anything. I knew if I told Jordie he wouldn't take it has bad has Jamie would. I thought about everything Jamie would do and say to prepare myself for the time Tyler and I told him. I just never thought he would stop talking to me completely. He really couldn't stop talking to Tyler because they play on the same team but he doesn't talk to Tyler outside of hockey anymore he won't even look at him.

I walked to the steps of Jamie's house. I couldn't take him not talking to me anymore. He's my brother the person who protected me in school when kids would pick on. He was the brother to have the talk with guys I brought home.

I knocked on the door and waited for him to answer it felt like hours before the door opened. I saw my brother standing there but not the brother I was expecting to see. Jordie was standing the in the doorway.

"What are you doing here?" I was confused on why he was he. He never told me he was coming into town and I know Montreal doesn't play Dallas for a few more weeks.

"I came to sort everything out. You both need to talk to each other and figure this out." He stepped aside to let me in. Before I was able to say anything I heard Jamie.

"Jordie who was at the door?" I heard around to see Jamie walk to the front door. "What is she doing here?" Not even looking at me he only looked at Jordie.

"I came here to talk to my bother actually. Because he won't even look at me. Jamie please talk to me." Not even one look my way.

"Jamie you can't ignore her forever. She's your sister."

"I only have one sister and she's not here." I felt tears in my eyes.

"What do I have to do Jamie? We can't keep doing this."

"Choose then Y/N." For this first time in weeks Jamie looked at me. "Choose me or Tyler." I looked at him in shock was he being serious?

"Jamie you can't be serious!" Jordie step forward.

"Jamie please don't make me choose between you two."

"Y/N I told you when you moved here I didn't want you to get involved with anyone on the team. I told you I didn't want you to get involved with Tyler Seguin. When he got trade to Dallas we all heard what he did over in Boston. He didn't change when he moved here."

"Jamie he has changed and you know it. He doesn't go out anymore and if he doesn't its not for very long. Jamie I love him please don't make me choose." I felt the tears coming down my cheeks.

"Y/N you don't love him. He's making you think he loves you but you don't really. So Choose the man you think you love or your brother that has always been there for you."

I couldn't possibly choose between my brother and my the man I'm in love with. If I choose Tyler, Jamie will never speak to me again and holidays won't be the same. If I choose Jamie then I loose Tyler.

"Y/N why don't you go in the other room and I will talk to Jamie for a minute." I looked over at Jordie with tears coming down my face but I knew what I head to do and it was going to be really hard to get through it.

"Jamie I choose you. Your my brother and I love you so I choose you but remember this I won't forgive you for what you are making me do. I will be moving back home too I don't want to be in the same city with you anymore." I looked at Jamie and saw his eyes go wide. I started walking to the door.