FIVE

TRIPLE H –

"hey, hyojong?"

his head popped up from the backseat. "yes?"

"i feel like i know you from somewhere. were you on the news or something?" hyuna asked, turning around in her seat.

hyojong's smile faded, as did his good mood. he receded back into his seat and looked out of the window, drumming his fingers on hyuna's chair.

"were you?" she pressed.

hyojong stayed quiet.

"ok, fine."

hui racked his brain for answers. he, too, recognized the strange boy in the backseat. maybe a few years ago. he'd seen him somewhere - he was sure of it.

then it came to his head.

without thinking, he blurted it out. "you're kim hyojong, that kid from jeollanam-do - who ran away at 15... aren't you?"

hyuna raised her eyebrows. "15? that's impressive. that was... 8 years ago. you're 23."

hyojong stayed quiet, wishing this conversation would just end. they were talking so carelessly with no understanding of what he went through, why he ran away, why he is who he is today. they'd probably just blame it on his strange personality, why he ran off so young. that he was always like that.

hyojong inhaled sharply.

"congrats, you caught me."

hyuna turned around again.
"hui, we're here."

"w-"

"i said, if you couldn't hear correctly, we're here."

the tires squealed to a stop.

"lets go!" hyuna said, not breaking eye contact with hyojong. she quietly opened the door and slid out, rounding to the back of the car and getting at least 100 dollars from the trunk. hui looked at hyojong, and then stepped out of the car.

hyojong stayed.

hyuna opened the car door, practically dragging him out of the car. "you're coming. and we're going to have fun. got it?"

he was too scared to say no.

hyuna grabbed his hand and held on tight, running up to hui to grab his. "is this illegal?"

"spending money that isn't ours? hella." hui said, sneaking past the bouncer, who was too distracted to notice the three, into the club.

they drank, and danced, and did just about everything you could in a club.

at one point, some couple pushed hyojong and hyuna into each other. instead of tearing away, hyuna draped her arms around his shoulders, and bent her arms to play with his hair. she must've been drunk, because she was so, completely focused on his hair that she didn't notice when the couple apologized, or when hyojong began playing with her hair.

hui sighed, the only one who hadn't drank anything, and grabbed the two by their collars. he dragged them outside and by the car. "it's 2 am, we should be going."

hyuna groaned, but climbed into the car - as did hyojong - reluctantly.

they both passed out.

hui hummed to accompany the silence that lingered in the car. it had been a nice, exciting night. the feeling of stealing something was still in his chest. he could feel it when he inhaled, when he exhaled. it was the feeling of youth, of rebellion. although that was probaby bad, he was hanging out with 1) a murderer and 2) a runaway. plus, he'd stolen a car. it was an exciting emotion, that stuck in his chest even as he slept.

waHEEY