- 10 -

“Hoseok, do you want to hangout today?”asked Tae, back hugging Hoseok as he made a cup of coffee at the base.”Please~, I’m bored. I’ve stayed here for the past day and a half, I need sunshine!”

“Don’t you have enough sunshine in your arms right now?”Hoseok asked cheesily, making Tae squeeze him tighter.”Fine fine, we’ll go.”

“Yay!”cheered Tae,”Come on, let’s go to the park then the shopping center! Oh, then we have to see the pet shop!”

“Why did I agree to this…”grumbled Hoseok, allowing Tae to hold his hand on the way out.”Jin if Namjoon asks where the two of us are tell him we’re just walking around.”

Tae jumps into the passenger seat of Hoseok’s car, smiling widely as Hoseok sat in the driver’s seat and started up the engine. Hoseok rolled his eyes as Tae turned on the radio and jammed out to the song being played. It surprised him, how someone so internally damaged could be so...well, “normal”.

“Yeah, turn right here. Right here! Now hold up I’ll be back in like two minutes.”Tae directed Hoseok over to a shabby apartment building, heading inside as Hoseok looked over his surroundings.

“This must be his home.”Hoseok mumbled, his eyes gazing over the rundown area.

The apartment building was more like a two-flat, it’s green paint chipped off the walls and the concrete was battered with cracks and carelessly filled with gravel. The surrounding buildings weren’t in much better condition, although there was some construction in some areas. Tae came back into the car, holding a puppy in his arms.

“Let’s go!”Tae said, causing Hoseok to jump in his seat at his loud voice.”Hoseok, this is Lili!”

Tae holds up the puppy, her fluffy golden fur and pitched bark stole Hoseok’s heart in a second,”Hi Lili.”

“So, let’s go to the park first.”Tae says as Hoseok began driving down the street.

“Hey, Tae.”says Hoseok, making Tae focus his attention on the driver instead of his energetic puppy.”Do you live with anyone?”

“No, I’ve lived on my own since I was eighteen.”Tae replies, his hand running through Lili’s fur.

“Ah, how long have you lived here?”

“About three years. I wandered and backpacked for a while until I came across this place.”

Hoseok nods,”I see.”

The day went on, Hoseok watched over Tae everywhere they went. It was eye-opening, the way the two of them would smile, play around, and run across the fields, no one would ever suspect that the two of them were behind the multiple assassinations and raids in their city. They finished exploring their city before driving back to base. Or that’s what Tae had thought.

“Hoseok, we missed our turn.”Tae pointed out as they drove along the highway.

“I know, I just wanted to show you something.”Hoseok says, the sun beginning to dip lower and lower towards the horizon with every minute.”We’re here.”

Hoseok unlocks the car doors and leaves the car, motioning Tae to come with him. They had stopped on a small viewing area which faced the sunset and the city skyline. Tae took in the breathtaking view, holding Lili in his arms as his heart raced.

“It’s beautiful.”Tae whispered, feeling a tug on his hoodie.

“Let’s watch the sunset, come on.”Hoseok smiles,”You did say you needed some sunshine.”

Hoseok hops onto the hood of his car, grabbing some snacks from inside the car as Tae takes a seat on the hood, his mouth agape in awe at the changing colors of the sky and the silhouettes of the buildings. Hoseok chuckled, handing him some snacks when Tae failed to take notice of the pile between them.