- 14 -

Tonight was the night, the geometric grey brick building lit up by the sudden strikes of lightning. The large bullets of rain soaked into the sand pen surrounding the prison. Namjoon couldn’t have picked a better day for the heist. Jimin parked the getaway car, pulling up a white surgical mask over his face as Suga did the same. They hurried into the prison, wearing what the two prisoners had worn leaving the prison. Tae had stalked the two prisoners around the city until finally pushing them into a corner, judging by the blood at the hem of their shirts it was obvious that Tae had some fun on his own mini-mission. But Jimin couldn’t thank Taehyung now, he held his hands together to prevent them from shaking as he walked to the prison. He’s never fought on the front lines before so this change in environment was more than new to him. In order to hide his anxiety he tried teasing Suga about his half-covered face.

“You have really small eyes Mr. Shy Guy.”Jimin said, looking at his teammate’s catlike slits.”But they’re very pretty, why don’t you show your face more often?”

Suga held in an annoyed sigh, of all times Jimin had to ask.”Let’s just complete this

mission.”

Jimin felt a bit hurt after being rejected but he just shrugged and pressed the buzzer placed at the very front of the gates. A red light was seen from the buzzer until a loud bang was heard, the gate opened and the two were face to face with a pair of guards. They eyed the two of them for a while before stepping aside and letting them pass. Jimin’s eyes widened, seeing the prison door wide open in front of them. However Suga was a bit more suspicious, the guards didn’t ask for anything. They didn’t even ask them to lower their masks. Maybe it was just because they would leave often. But still he looked around, noticing a slight glint in the corner of his eye.

“Hurry up!”whispered Jin, hoping Namjoon would get over the fence in time before the cameras turned back on.

Namjoon threw away his pride and jumped off the ladder, rolling down onto the wet ground below. A twinge of pain surged through his shoulder but Namjoon quickly pushed it off once one of the watchtowers’ cameras had begun to blink on. Jin lifted Namjoon up, noticing the ladder was pulled away by Taehyung from the other side of the wall.

“The cameras are on now, don’t make too much movement.”said Namjoon, watching as Jimin and Suga entered the prison.”They’re in now, let’s go.”

Jin nodded and pressed his body against the watchtower’s cylindrical wall before kicking the door down swiftly. Namjoon followed close behind with his gun drawn, putting the door back in place as well as he could. He could hear grunts and the shot of a gun from up the winding staircase.

“Namjoon, I got it.”called Jin from the top.

Namjoon walked up the stairs to see Jin dragging the deceased body of a policeman into the corner of the room, Jin sighed and stretched out his back before taking out his sniper which was strapped to his back. But he was pushed to the side by Namjoon right before a bullet could make a dent into his head. Without another moment’s notice Namjoon raise his hand and fire the gun at the second watchman, causing him to fall over the metal railing and onto the puddle-filled ground below.

“Be more careful.”cautioned Namjoon,”I’ll pretend to watch over this quadrant of the yard. If you see anyone who isn’t on our side, kill them.”

“Yeah, I was planning on it after all.”

Jin expanded the already broken window with the butt of his weapon and set up his station. His watchful eyes were looking around the prison’s perimeter, he was hoping Jimin and Yoongi could complete their mission without any predicaments, but it seemed like it was about to change.