a school birthday

Y/n pov

         School birthdays are the best, the snacks, the cheerful nature of the kids in the classes, it is truly wonderful, not to mention the break from work we have. "MS. URIS, please pay attention!" I jolted up "O-ok! It won't happen again!!" I replied loudly drawing more attention to myself, I sighed burying my face in my arms, a depressed aura following me. "Alright, so we have a birthday to take care of, does anyone want to pass out the donuts?" "I will" a small voice from the back of the classroom asks timidly.

          My brother, Stanley Uris is actually volunteering in class, That never happens. "Alright, Stanley you can hand out to donuts to everyone." Stan smiles before getting up and walking over to the teacher and grabbing the donut box, to pass them out. After Stan hands out all the donuts I looked behind me to see Christina pushing her donut away, I look at her sadly before turning back around. Zoning back into reality a loud crash sounded throughout the classroom followed by our teacher shouting "HENRY- HENRY WHERE ARE YOU GOING!?!?" I know where he is going and why, he probably saw Christina push away her donut and got pissed again knowing something is up and nobody is doing anything or noticing the signs. So he is going to go off on the principal... again..

~TIME SKIP: END OF SCHOOL~

            Me and Stan walk n' roll out of the school together and talk about his bar mitzvah and how he's feeling about the whole thing. But honestly, I just want to just go home. Our dad has been looking around to see if he could get a temple for himself to own instead to going to one we currently go to. So we might have to move soon since he's only found one so far, it's far from here. it's all the way in Derry, Maine. I never even heard of it until now.

            "So how was school?" Stan says breaking the silence that was growing between us "umm good, I guess" I replied he smiles and says "yeah, it was good day for me to, the birthday boys face when I volunteered was hilarious, he was all like: what? It's my birthday though, and I was like haha, yes! I get the first donut, it was very cool and then boom the whole class had donuts in seconds!" He shouted while making all sorts of weird and sopradic movements "y-yea right Stan, you took longer that a snail." I spoke slowly my confidence in that statement trickling away with immediate regret knowing my brother.  The ultimate Roaster, and I have given him a reason to unleash his fury, what happened next was already written in history. It is my time, go ahead, here is my descent to death...

My brother and me got home soon after he started his roasting session, sparing me. walking through the front door, fake sniffing and all. I walked into the kitchen slowly as Stan plopped himself down on to the couch. I grabbed a apple juice container and some pretzels that were conveniently placed on the counter in a bowl, before heading to the living room again I glanced over at the refrigerator and spotted a note.

Dear Y/n and Stan,
We will be gone for the night, stay safe and don't cause any trouble.

"Stan, mom and dad are going to be gone for the night again" I say walking into the living room, Stan turns around quickly and I noticed Superman on the tv, Normally I would have been fine with Batman but not Superman, I have a severe dislike for him, and just like that the apple juice and pretzels found their way onto the desk and I'm flying across the room to switch out Superman for Spider-Man, he pushes me over and starts trying to get the disc out, "come on, come on, come on!" he shouts panicking, obviously he hated Spider-Man and mourns watching it, he trys to open the disc slot but soon the wonderful theme song fills our ears, "spiderman spiderman he can do what every spider can climbs a wall..."

           "NOOOOO" Stan shouts as he stands up and walks backwards falling onto the couch. A knock sound throughout the house as he fell. we both immediately started sprinting towards the door. I knocked Stan out of the way and slammed open their front door.

         On the other side was Henry and his little brother Peter standing there, a pillow in each of their hands and a backpack on Peter's back. "uhh, Stan asked us for a sleepover yesterday... is now a bad time, He said to come whenever..." Henry says "ohhh yeahhh, that's what I forgot" Stan says "SO ANYWAYS WE ARE WATCHING SPIDERMAN LETS GO!" I shout "NO, NO, NO, we are NOT!" Stan followed after me furiously, as Henry and Peter stood at the door, obviously not ready for the chaos that would ensue when entering the Uris household.

And thus the sleepover began...

~maddy🤡