CHAPTER II

The night was a delight. Charles was surrounded by his best friends, dining at Butter, talking away like they didn't have a single problem going on in their life. The usual. But what's being rich if you can't put on a show? 

"I'm getting a drink, anyone want anything?" Charles asked, tired, dreaded, and ready to get more drunk than he already was. "On my dead soul you are. Sit down," Blair commanded and yet again, he listened. Why do I even listen?  

"So! I was think for my eighteenth birthday, we throw the most elegant party the Upper East Side has ever thrown. Something as elegant and classy as me. Ideas?" Blair asked them all. "You don't ever let loosen up, do you?" Charles laughed whilst asking. Blair Waldorf was never your typical type of girl. Sure she had the celebratory glass of champagne here and there, but never did she allow herself to get drunk. She was.. What's the word? Uptight. All she cared about was university, whether her headband was the same color as her outfit, and ruling everyone. It was the things she took most pride in that stopped her from committing mistaken acts.

 "B, you know whether it's at a strip club or the most elegant banquet, I'll be there. Charles, stop putting ideas into her head," Serena demanded. "You can start telling me what to do the day you decide to show up to these events with the same date twice." 

In a weird way, Charles always saw a part of himself in Serena. Serena was reckless and never the settling down type. At every event hosted, she would have a new man on her arm and once the night rose, she would go home with another. She was down for anything and everything. Quite the opposite of Blair. Although, this was never a good thing. Charles had enough problems of his own. He would forever and always have Serena's back if a terrible situation had happened to her, but, he had his own problems and certainly didn't have time for her day to day rants on anew guy that they all knew wouldn't last a week. After all, like mother, like daughter. 

"Charles, I'm tired. Drop me off home," Blair demanded. She's lying. I know that look. That look rarely appears on a Blair Waldorf. "Nathaniel, Serena, pleasure having you around," Charles said. Both Nathaniel and Serena spotted something rather odd going on. "You know, they only talk with such suspicious manner when they're up to something," Serena whispered to Nathaniel. But he knew. Everyone did.