CHAPTER XXI

"Hey," Serena said as she walked into Blair's room. " Wow. My lectures really know how to work their magic, don't they?" Blair said as she smiled at her best friend. "Actually, it was Nate this time. Well, and Howard," Serena said as she let out a big sigh. "Nathaniel was always a daddy's boy," Blair said as she shrugged. "I actually came here to talk to you about something," Serena said. "Do you need to borrow my Balenciagas again? I've told you, S, what's mine is yours," Blair said as she went to grab her shoes. "No, uh, not that. I was actually wondering if I can borrow something else. Something bigger," Serena said. "The Versace dress? Serena, are you telling me you gained weight?!" Blair asked. "God, Blair! No! I need to borrow a room," Serena said. "At the Empire? Why are you asking me? It's his hotel," Blair said. "Blair! A room here! At your home!" Serena exclaimed. "Oh dear. Well of course, S. Ma maison est ta maison. What for?" Blair asked. "I can't stand being in the same hotel room as my mother and Bart. It's too much for me and I can't be this stressed during Ivy Week. My mother's goal may be to ruin my teenage life, but I will never allow her to ruin my adult life... at Brown," Serena said. "I'm glad to see you taking this week more seriously. You know you have a room here anyway, all you have to do is move your things in. I'll tell Dorota to come by the Palace and give you a hand," Blair said. "Thank you, B. I love you," Serena said as she got interrupted by the ringing of two phones.

*1 NEW MESSAGE*

Gossip Girl here, your one and only source into the scandalous lives of Manhattan's elite. We hear that a certain Van Der Woodsen is moving out, and another moving in... with a Bass. New family reunion, S? New York City loves holiday drama, and apparently, so does the Van Der Woodsen family. 

Xoxo,

Gossip Girl

"What the hell? How could she have known this?" Blair asked as she looked at Serena. "Blair... is anyone home?" Serena asked as she hears laughs coming from the living room. "No. Mother's in Paris and Dorota went to the supermarket. Why?" Blair asked. "Listen," Serena said as she shushed Blair. Next thing they know, they're running downstairs. Who could have been spying on their conversation? Most importantly, could they be Gossip Girl?