CHAPTER XV

"We did it, Bass. Not only have we invited everybody who is somebody in the Upper East Side, but somehow, we managed to get the nobodies on the list as well. They will be so thrilled to hear that they have been invited to a party with class. One that doesn't involve beers and kegs," Blair says as she smiled at Charles. Although Blair and Charles had thousands of problems not just with themselves, but mainly with one another, one thing they both knew was how to get back on track. Normal people will naturally apologize and hug each other as a sign of friendship, but Charles and Blair were never normal. With every fight, came along a make-up scheme. They never knew how to solve their typical "Chuck and Blair problems," so they would find a way to solve each other's problems. Whether it was Blairs fifth birthday party and an argument had occurred between Chuck and Blair on whether he should be wearing his Louboutin shoes or Gucci to her party. Somehow, they managed to make-up by scheming against Eleanor for giving Blair a Cinderella cake. Blair knew she was royalty, not a fake-fictional character. On that day, Charles and Blair escaped the apartment and had Charles driver take them to the pastry shop, where Blair can eat the cake of her choice.

"I never understood why our parents were so against our scheming. We always end up getting what we want," Charles said, looking confused. "Oh Charles, you really are naive. Can't you see, Bass? They're just scared we'll end up more powerful than them. Champagne?" Blair asked. This was tradition. After every scheme, Charles and Blair would break-out a foreign bottle of champagne imported straight from France and make a toast. "To us. May we never stop winning," Charles said grinning while clinking his glass with Blair's. "You know we never will," Blair said, taking a sip of her champagne.

"A toast. May we all raise our glass," spoke Charles. "We would like to thank you for your presence on this lovely night. We know how busy everyone must be with their schedules but we thought it was very important to introduce ourselves formally and officially, to the City of New York," Blair said as she smiled. "You may know us by our last-names and our parents, but tonight, we shall make a name for ourselves," Nathaniel said. "To you, New York," Serena spoke as the audience clinked their champagne glasses with one another's. Although this night allowed them to reveal the identity of Gossip Girl, it also gave Blair a chance to make a name for herself. Not as the daughter of international fashion designer Eleanor Waldorf, but instead Blair Waldorf, a future student of Yale and eventually, the President of the United States of America. "And cheers to us. Tonight, we will officially make a name for ourselves," Blair said as she raised her glass once again. "Blair, what are you talking about? Wasn't the purpose of this party to reveal the identity of our lady-stalker?" Nathaniel asked, terribly confused, as Charles and Serena laughed. "Nate, my sweet boy, you know Blair always has a secondary scheme up her sleeve. Blair, what did you do?" Serena asked. "Why are you guys acting like I just got thrown into prison? Ugh. It disgusts me to even think about it. Dirty toilets, dirty people. Oh my god, I may vomit," Blair said. "Nathaniel, this night was meant to reveal the identity of Gossip Girl, and we will, but we did not invite those of the lower class just to reveal the identity. They benefit us. While they're here, we might as well formally introduce ourselves. We need all of New York to know OUR name. Not our parents. Even if that means associating with the Walmart shopping class," Charles explained. "Guys, just because they're lower in class does not mean that they come from a different planet. You guys are so arrogant," said Nathaniel with a disgust on his face. "Nathaniel! How dare you say that! We are the opposite of arrogant. If we were so arrogant, why would we buy them expensive champagne? We just gave them their first taste of class!" Blair exclaimed. "Plus, they practically do come from a different planet. What odd creature would purchase items from Walmart?" Charles asked. "Hey! They have nice nail polishes at fair prices. I don't purchasing $50 nail polishes just to put colour on my nails," Serena said. "I'm going to ignore the part where you said you buy nail polish from Walmart, and paint your own nails. Rather, tonight, we will have a sleepover and I will throw all your Walmart nail polish in the garbage," Blair said as the rest laughed. "Okay. I think it's time. Nathaniel, find a way to make the room quiet," Serena said. "Can I get everyone's attention please," Nathaniel yelled as the room went silent. "Blair, send!" Serena said.

"Nobody can fool Blair Waldorf. Xoxo, B."

*DING*

"Who's phone was that?" Nathaniel asked. "You have got to be kidding me," Blair said as she walked towards the crowd.