CHAPTER X

DAY LATER

"Good morning, Mother," Blair said as she entered the kitchen of her luxurious apartment. "Blair, I have been meaning to talk to you about something. Take a seat," Eleanor said. Can't even get a good morning first? Shocker. "Yes, Mother?" Blair asked as she took a seat in front of Eleanor. "You have been acting suspicious lately. Something has gotten into you. You come home late, and when you are home, you spend all your time in your room doing god knows what. I certainly cannot have my daughter be a slump," Eleanor said. "Mother, I can assure you I am no slump. Something odd has been going on lately and Serena, Nathaniel, Charles and I have been working on it," Blair said. Lie. Blair was indeed getting to the bottom of the Gossip Girl situation, but not with Serena and Nathaniel. Alone... with Charles. "I thought Serena and Nathaniel were out of the city," Eleanor said suspiciously. She could tell when Blair was lying. Especially because she takes after all of Eleanor's lying techniques. "You must have heard wrong, Mother," Blair said as she took a bite out of her strawberry. "Alright then. Finish your breakfast and get headed out for school. You're going to be late. By the way, make sure you don't eat too much. You don't want to look like an air balloon at school," Eleanor said as she walked out the kitchen. Yes, Mother. Anything for you.

As Blair head out, she chose to walk her way to school. It was right around the corner and she needed time to think. Plus, she can get in some exercise. Air balloons were never her thing. "Need a ride, beautiful?" Charles said as he rolled down the windows to his limousine. "Not from you I don't," Blair said. "Oh really? That doesn't sound like the words that were coming out of Blair Waldorf's pretty, toxic mouth last night," Charles said. "Oh get over yourself, Charles. Like you said, I was intoxicated. It doesn't mean anything," Blair said as she continued to walk, Charles following her in the limousine. "They say the things you say when you are drunk are the things you can never admit to someone sober," Charles said. "Who said that? You? Charles, you are not a poet nor are you a psychologist. You're terrible at English and have no idea what psychology even is. Unless you're talking Shakespeare, I don't want to hear it," Blair said. "Whatever you say, Princess," he said as he drove off. But what was it that she told him?

                "God, S! When are you coming back? It's Ivy Week! I hope your golden blonde head still remembers the importance of this week. Did Nathaniel and his jock brain give you memory loss?" Blair said. This week was the most important week of her life. This week determined whether she would be attending Yale or not. She knew she was getting accepted, she just needed the letter and a good talk with the Yale representatives. Or should I say a good blackmail talk with the Yale representatives. "Yes, B! I know how important this week is. I just haven't been able to think straight. With Bart as my stepfather and Charles as my brother, Nate as my official boyfriend, and Brown. I can't juggle it all at once," Serena said. "You can't be serious, S. First of all, having a new stepfather shouldn't be a surprise for you and shouldn't be a routine that you're not well adjusted to. Second of all, I did not call to talk about Charles and as for Nate and Brown, Nate's loved you all his life and Brown has been waiting for you all your life, don't mess it up because you choose to go Girls Gone Wild in Bora Bora instead of dealing with reality like the rest of us here at Constance," Blair said. "Wait... why were you so quick to cut the Charles part out of our conversation? Did something happen between you too? You didn't back him up like you usually do," Serena suspiciously said. "Is that really what you got from my lecture?! Charles?! Were you even listening to me?! Actually, I don't care. Have fun losing Brown and by the way, tell Nate to answer his phone. Mr. Archibald needs to have a talk with him on Ivy Week Bye," Blair said as she quickly hung up the phone and shut her locker only to find the last person she wanted to face. "Talking about me, beautiful?" Charles said with a smirk. "Oh shut it, Charles. I'm late for class. If you would excuse me," she said as she walked away.