CHAPTER VIII

"Serena, you will not believe what just happened!" Blair said as she spoke into her phone. "Don't tell me Charles is going to be your escort. Two wrongs don't make a right, B," Serena said. Right, like she knew so well between right and wrong. Her escort to the society gala was Carter Baizen! She should not be one giving advice about two wrongs and rights. "Gosh, never! Do you expect me to make my grand debut with a drunken escort? No, thank you. That's your type," Blair said, as blunt as ever. "Hey!" Serena yelled, although she knew it was true. "Anyways, Charles came by the penthouse today and said Nathaniel wanted to be my escort for the ball! Oh gosh I am so happy! One of the finest teenage boy on the Upper East Side, escorting me. This is what happens in fairy tales, you know," Blair squealed in excitement. Although she was never that excited. It was just a way to get her head off Charles. His hands were wrapped around her mind. He took control of her soul, and always held a great affect on her. "Nate is escorting you?" Serena asked as her voice lowered. She didn't know why, but a part of her had shut down. As kids, Serena and Nate had always held a connection, like Charles and Blair. They were the golden children of the richest Upper East Siders. They were special. They got treated differently than Blair and Charles, everyone held greater expectations for them. "Yes. You didn't want to go with him, did you? I mean, you and Nate have always had an odd situation going on. I believe you were Nathaniel's first choice, but you chose to go with Baizen," Blair said. Blair was the type of girl that knew anything and everything. She was always on track and could spot the smallest things about a person and their feelings from a mile away. Yet somehow, she failed to realize how Nathaniel felt for Serena. Only Charles ever understood. After all, he was the only one who ever really knew. "Right. Carter. That's great, B. I hope Nate keeps you in great company," Serena said with jealousy filing her tone as she hung up the phone. "Oh she is so jealous!" Blair laughed as she spent the next 3 hours getting ready for one of the greatest moments of her life.

The elevator doors opened and popped out a golden, blue eyed, handsome boy. "Blair! Nathaniel is here!," Eleanor screamed as Blair walked down the stairs of her penthouse. "I am well aware, Mother. Thank you," Blair said as Nathaniel caught her eyes. "I got to say, Archibald, you are one handsome man," Blair said as she centered his tie. "You look.. Beautiful. Truly stunning, Blair," Nathaniel said. At that moment, Nathaniel had looked at Blair in a way that he never had before. She was wearing a long, dark blue dress that came down to the heel of her feet. Her hair was in beautiful, simple, yet elegant curls, along with 6 inch black heels and an original Eleanor Waldorf Design handbag that put the whole outfit together. "Shall we get going?" Blair asked as she looped her arm through his. "Of course. I know how you don't like tardiness," Nathaniel said , smiling. The gang had agreed to meet up at the front of the Ball, where all the greatest photographers from The Times would take pictures and publish them on a next story.

The car ride was odd. Nathaniel and Blair had never really been alone together. Ever. Thankfully, the car ride was quick. Within minutes, they had arrived, seeing Carter, Serena, Charles, and Georgina standing at the front. "You have got to be kidding me," Blair said as she took a long, dirty glance at Georgina. "WHY IS SHE HERE?" Blair yelled in Serena's ear. "You tell me. Do you think I want her here? Blair, Charles has a scheme in his sleeve. Be aware. This is your night," Serena warned Blair. Confused? Let me catch you up. Georgina was never one of them. She was an Upper West Sider. Lived on the other side of Central Park, but born into one of the rich families in New York. Although, Blair believes she was an evil alien, brought from outer space to ruin lives. Blair never got along well with Georgina. They were the same. They hurt people, schemed, and blackmailed to get what they desired. To each others eyes, the other was the devil. As kids, even though they were raised in different areas, at the elegant parties their parents would throw, they would have to see each other. As kids, they used to take each others American Dolls and stomp on them with their mini heels. They would pinch, and bite one another until one of them went to the parents. As they grew, their hatred for each other only increased. This was something Charles knew. After all, he has witnessed all their wars, since the age of three. Frankly, that was the reason for his doing. He wanted to get under her skin. To show her that she means absolutely nothing to him. Georgina was aware of what he was doing, but she didn't care. Anything to pain the great Blair Waldorf. "Georgina, what an unpleasant surprise. An ugly one, too. Charles, I knew you had a thing for whores, but I never knew you had a thing for the Devil as well," Blair said to Charles, keeping her cool. "They say the Devil is hot," Charles asked. He knew he was getting under her skin. Whenever Blair got irritated, the smallest smirk would appear on her face while she held her own hands. Charles read her like a book and tonight, the chapter was jealousy. "Blair, sweetheart, no need to be jealous. It's not like we made out or anything. Did we, Charles?" Georgina said as Charles let out a little giggle. "It's disappointing to believe I ever held any respect for you. After tonight, I will never be able to look at you the same. Congratulations, Bass. You screwed yourself over, once again," Blair said. From that moment, Charles realized how much he had messed up.

"Blair Cornelia Waldorf, escorted by Nathaniel Archibald. Miss. Waldorf will continue to read to the blind at the local St. Jude's Hospital, volunteer at soup kitchens during the holidays, and will be attending Yale University to pursue her career in Law," spoke the annual speaker, Charlotte Saverus. In this moment, nothing mattered. All of New York's finest were in one room and all now knew the power she held. She had one of the finest Upper East Siders escorting her, and she looked as beautiful as ever. Nothing could ruin this moment. She strut down the stairs as if they were her fashion show. "Georgina Sparks, escorted by Charles Bartholomew Bass. Miss. Sparks wishes to bed as many teenage millionaires - Uh, I am so sorry. We must have gotten something wrong," Charlotte spoke into the microphone, filled with embarrassment as Charles eyes met Blair's in total and utter shock. Georgina in more of a shock than Charles. Blair slowly turned and walked her way towards the open bar. She needed champagne. Of course, after what she had just done, Charles ran after her. He grabbed her arm and twisted her around, as they were now face to face. "Have you lost your tiny mind? What is wrong with you?! Do you understand what you just did?" Charles yelled at Blair. "She brought this upon herself, Bass," Blair said. "This is why I will never be with you. The reason I can never be with you. Everything is a game to you. Did you even stop to think how this could affect me? My father barely likes me! This was my one chance to prove him that I am a man. That I am not as horrible as he sees me and thanks to you, now I can't. God, you are so gullible! You really think I would let my lips touch hers? Who do I look like to you?! I am Charles Bass, I have standards. You chose to make this night the most special night of your life, you chose to prove to people the power you held so they can finally learn to respect you and not mess with you. You may have gained the Upper East Side's respect, but you completely lost mine. Goodbye, Blair." 

------------------------------

A/N

Hey guys! I would love to get your opinion on my story and possibly have some feedback. Any form of feedback is appreciated. Thank you.

Xoxo