CHAPTER XII

"What the hell? How could she have known this?" Blair asked as she looked at Serena. "Blair... is anyone home?" Serena asked as she hears laughs coming from the living room. "No. Mother's in Paris and Dorota went to the supermarket. Why?" Blair asked. "Listen," Serena said as she shushed Blair. Next thing they know, they're running downstairs. Who could have been spying on their conversation? Most importantly, could they be Gossip Girl?

"Nate?!" Serena yelled. "You have got to be kidding me," Blair said. "What?" Nate asked confused. "You're Gossip Girl?" Serena asked. "No! What made you think that?" Nate said "Oh cut the crap, Nathaniel. You have always been a terrible liar. S, this is officially your problem," Blair said as she walked away. "I'm not lying! What were you guys even talking about?!" Nate asked as his voicer highered. "Maybe you should ask yourself. Wow. I can't believe I actually thought it would be a smart idea to allow myself to love you. All you've done is add more stress to my life. First with our vacation and Ivy Week, now this? This is my personal life you're putting out there! I- I can't even look at you right now. Get out," Serena said as she pointed towards the apartment elevator. "Would you look at that, I, Nathaniel Fitzwilliam Archibald, have achieved my goal in ruining the love of my lifes life! Are you kidding me? Why would I ever do such a thing?" Nate asked. "I said get out," Serena said as she walked the opposite direction. As kids, Serena always tend to jump into conclusions. She would believe the lies coming out of anyone and everyone's mouth and never seemed to learn her lesson. Believing people may give you benefits, but for Serena, it brought her no benefit at all. She always trusted the liars, the ones that lived to ruin her life. After all, not everyone wishes to see the Golden Girl shine like the sunshine she is.

"Hello, beautiful. What made you want to get in contact with me on this fine evening? Come to tell me the obvious?" Charles asked Blair through the phone, a slight grin on his face. "Oh Charles, it's like you don't know me at all. That is clearly not the reason. We have bigger problems to deal with and as much as I'd like to engage Serena in this situation, she is about as useful as swimsuits in the winter," Blair said. "Do you have a plan?" Charles asked. "Don't I always?" she asked, seconds later hearing the sound of Charles laughter through the phone. Oh how she adored his laugh. Especially because it was a sound anyone rarely got out of him. "Blair? Blair?!" Charles said through the phone while Blair was zoned out. "Gosh, Charles! What?!" she yelled through the phone. "You zoned out. Perhaps daydreaming about me... or your new Christian Louboutin heels?" Charles asked with a smile on his face. A real smile. Not the ones you make when you see someone you're trying to avoid, but a smile you make when your new Henri Bendel bag arrives. "Christian Louboutin heels. Always. You should know that by now Charles. Anyways, we're having a party. Invite anyone who is a someone from our school to the Palace," Blair spoke strictly. "Why are we doing this exactly?" Charles asked. "To find out who Gossip Girl is. Catch up, Charles. You're never this slow. Earlier, at my place, seconds after Serena enlightened me on an issue, it was posted on Gossip Girl, so we suspected that someone was overhearing our conversation and as we head down, we see Nathaniel. He says it wasn't him and I told him he has always been a bad liar but looking at it now, it can't be him. He is way too caught up with the lacrosse scholarship and we know Harold won't leave him to be for one second. So, we throw this party and gather everyone in one room. Once we do, we get the room quiet and right then we send in a tip to Gossip Girl. Whoevers phone rings, is her," Blair explained to Charles. "As much as I admire how thought out this all is, I am afraid you didn't thoroughly think it out. Have you ever thought it could be an outsider? Think about it Blair, who would want insight on our lives? Not the people that are already in our daily lives, for sure. Possibly someone that wants to be enlightened. Someone that doesn't know. Which is why, we will go ahead with your plan but, we invite anyone and everyone. Good?" Charles asked through the phone. Before they would go ahead with their scheme, Charles would always check if Blair was on board with the plan. If she wasn't, the plan wouldn't go through. "Charles Bartholomew Bass, you are my other half," Blair said as she hung up the phone.