CHAPTER VII

Ding. Charles walked to the elevator, a glass of scotch in his hand, and drunk as hell. Hey, why feel and get hurt when you can do all in your will to live your life without the possibility of getting hurt? "Hi," Blair softly said. "I don't recall inviting you here. So what are you doing here?," Charles said, anger filling his voice. Can she just leave me alone? She made it clear she was practically in love with pretty boy. Why is she here? "Cut the crap, Chuck. You know you felt it." Chuck. She called him Chuck. A nickname only his mother made for him when he was in the womb, according to Bartholomew. "Don't ever call me that," He strictly demanded. "Chuck," She said again. "CAN YOU LEAVE ME ALONE?," Charles yelled as Blair took one step closer looking him deep into his honey brown eyes. "No." One thing I may add about Blair is that she never followed anyone's orders. Being so used to others following hers, it would be absolutely absurd if she started to follow others. "Would you leave if security escorted you out? That wouldn't look great for Blair Waldorf. Being needy," Charles said. He had to act like he didn't care. He couldn't try feelings. He hasn't had them for 17 years, why grow them now? A hard slap going across Charles' face, given to him by the one and only Blair Waldorf. "Would you look at that, our little star hits like a grown man. Don't worry, beautiful. Hurt doesn't phase me," Charles said laughing. "Cut it out, Charles. You felt the same thing I felt and you can sit down and ignore any chance of being an actual human being or you can do something about it and stand a chance of a better life," Blair said. "What would you like me to do about it, your highness?," Charles asked. "That's for you to figure out, not me. For once, I'm not going to guide you. Find what's more important, being a weak little boy that will never be a man if this act continues, or a real man. One that's strong enough to handle feelings, and hurt. Goodbye, Charles." Charles watched her get into the elevator as the doors shut. So, which do you prefer, Charles?

*THE NEXT DAY*

"Oh, Nathaniel don't get hurt now. Men like us simply can't afford to have feelings. Although, we can afford revenge. Hurt Carter, blackmail him, do something. Do you really want him to end up with Serena?," Charles asks Nathaniel as they play Wii Sports in Charles' hotel room. "Why is starting war your solution to everything?," Nathaniel asked. "Nathaniel, have you not been doing your history homework? Countries fought in war to get their point across, to claim the prize. College season is coming up, you might want to catch up on your books," Charles said as Nathaniel laughed. "You know, man, I can't believe I never noticed this," Nathaniel said as Charles interrupts. "Notice what, Archibald? That my knowledge and thinking is way too much for that golden head of yours?," Charles said. "No. If I wasn't rudely interrupted, I was going to say, you and Blair are the same. Do you know who her escort is to Cintonni?," Nathaniel asks. "No we're not, and why would I simply care, Archibald?," Charles asked. "For me, you know. What better way at starting war and getting revenge than being the escort of Serena's best friend? At the most important event of our teenage life, might I add," Nathaniel said as Charles immediately felt a rush of anger run through his body. I don't care. I simply don't. "You know what? What better way indeed. I like how you think, Archibald. At times. In fact, I'll go speak to her. I suggest you do something about that hair, if you are planning to go as Blair's escort. Justin Bieber season is simply over. Get with the program," Charles said as Nathaniel laughed. As opposite as Nathaniel and Charles were, they held a great friendship. As kids, on the way to school, every morning, Nathaniel would be picked up by Charles' limousine, and got driven to school. For fifteen years straight, not a single day missed. If either were sick, it simply did not matter. They had to come to school. As kids, they relied on each other. If they didn't rely on each other, they would have to rely on Blair and Serena, and at the age of eight, girls had cooties. It would be gross to rely on them. You don't want cooties now, do you?

As the elevator doors to Blair's penthouse opened up, Blair walked downstairs as Charles entered. "Come to admit I was right?," Blair asked. How naive. "Never, beautiful. I actually came down here to tell you that Nathaniel needs and escort, and it would be his greatest delight to have you on his arms," Charles said. He was good at hiding his emotions. He hid every single feeling running through his body through a simple smirk. No one could ever read his face. But Blair, of course. She has dealt with him for too long not to know by now. As of this moment, she knew what he was doing. Hiding every single emotion he felt all due to his fear of love. It was understandable. If I can go seventeen years without being loved, I can go on till the day I die. That was all that ran his thoughts when anyone tried to show him even the slightest bit of emotion. Charles believed in lust, not love. He believed that the greatest relationship one can have was a friends with benefit relationship. After all, it was a win-win for both people. No strings attached, just sex. Plain and simple. Blair could never show Charles that she could read right through him, it would ruin it all. So, she chose to go along with it. Hurt him, and get his feelings out in the open. "That is just so sweet! Was he too afraid to come ask himself? That is so Nate. Handsome, thoughtful, shy, kind, what else?," Blair asked Charles. "Not your type," Charles said. "So you can just read right through me, can't you Charles? You know me so well, right?," Blair asks. "Look, I didn't come here to pour my heart out to you. Are you saying yes to Nate, or not?," Charles asked. He couldn't take it anymore. One more minute in front of Blair, and he would actually show feelings. That certainly could not happen. "Of course! Have you met Nate? Handsome boy, he is. Golden, as well," Blair said. Of course what she said were not lies. He was handsome, and golden. Frankly, every other girl on the Upper East Side knew it as well. Except for Serena. "Very well. See you tonight then," Charles said as he walked into the elevator. Slowly, the door shut, and Charles was gone.