Chapter 15

"What hell are you doing here?" I ask her aggressively, she was the last person I expected to see here, much less wanted to see here.

She looked at me, still somewhat shocked and then smiled slyly. She removed her mask and took off her headpiece and stared at me with a cocky smile and responded,

"Well, you see, unlike you, I was asked to be here," she says nastily, her Bronx accent every prominent.

"By who?" I asked, already knowing the answer, but still not believing the circumstances. I had expected a lot of things over these past few hours, with the things I've done, the things done to me, not much surprises me anymore, but this was a shock that I was very unprepared for.

"Who do you think?" she fires back.

"Why, why are you even—what are you—oh my god," I stumble over my words.

I had a million questions for the woman standing before me, but they all paled in comparison to the sudden shock of the realization sinking in. I thought back to all those meetings with Mr. J, all those secrets of mine he knew, how he knew where I lived, who my father was, and so much more.

He knew too much about my life to have just researched it, and where would he get the time to do it, he was locked up in a cell. He had to have someone on the outside, someone feeding him the information, someone who had access to my office, someone who could report back to him.

"I see things are starting to click in that little brain of yours," she says, a slight smirk growing on the left side of her face.

"But how did you know—that was, the stuff he knew—" I started.

"You know, Hartley," she said, stressing my first name to annoy me,

"It wasn't hard as you think, you really shouldn't keep your journal on a computer. Granted it was password protected, but I minored in computer science in college, so, breaking in wasn't as hard as you might think.

And boy, was I surprised at what I read, all those nasty little secrets, those hopeful dreams, but imagine my surprise, when I read that first insert about my puddin'. How attracted you were to him on the very first day. It was quite the scandal really."

"But that's not possible, you didn't even know him, you sent me to him first because you thought he was going to kill you, just like the others, what did you get out of reading my journal?" I say, still trying to make sense of what was going on.

"Well, at first, I was snooping around your office, trying to learn more about you, you were always so secretive, and even though you'd only been there for two weeks I still wanted to know more about you, more than you were willing to share.

So, I did some digging and looked on your computer when you were doing your rounds. And when I hacked into your journal, imagine my surprise when I found out that you were into the patient that I gave you. The way you described him, the fire in your loins when you saw him, god, it was enough to get me hot enough to see what all the fuss was about.

So, in between the days where you didn't see him, I did. You see, Strange forgot to revoke my security clearance, so I could get to that level to see him. It started off as just a few conversations, but then he started making me feel things, my body was on fire when he would even look at me. I had to have him.

One night, I snuck into his cell, planned on it just being a onetime thing, I knew it was dangerous messing with him, but I didn't care. He'd been flirting with me too much, getting too excited, I couldn't help myself. And then he laid it on me, and I've had sex before, but nobody rocked my world the way he did.