Chapter 28

Now

I was standing there, nearly completely naked, wringing my clothes out as Flag set up a small tent for us heat lamp that I'm certain was supposed to mirror some kind of fire. Guessing if we'd set a real fire, the Ra's assassins would be able to track us down in the forest.

Flag and I had landed in a small lake and he decided to set up camp here since we were going to need all of our energy to get to the rendezvous point in a few hours.

I stood there, still drying my tight shirt and silently cursed myself because my particular skimpy clothing style isn't exactly suited for chilly rainforest conditions. I stretched a little, trying my best to keep myself alert, and looked into the distance. It was a pretty big forest, and my heart was racing because, with the wide expanse of this forest, there was no way to see if my friends landed.

I tried my hardest to keep myself from worrying but how could I not, the four of us were just pawns in Waller's game, if one of us died during the fall, I'm sure she wouldn't be the least bit worried.

"Your friends are fine, come and sit down so we can go over what's expected of you tomorrow," Commander Flag called me and I turned around, reluctantly coming over to sit next to him near the battery-powered heat lamp.

He turns around having finished setting up the tent, apparently, their technology was advanced enough for them to have pocket tents and other tools that were shrunk down to fit in their suits, not surprising though, it was ARGUS, after all, they were famous for utilizing meta tech and advanced technologies.

He comes over to sit beside me, keeping his distance.

"How would you know? It's not like any of you care about what happens to us," I snipe, he looks at me, his hard jawline flexing with annoyance.

"You're right, I don't care about you or your friends, but Waller sees you as assets, and as of now," he pulls up the pad and shows me blinking dots that each have our names attached to it.

Frost and Feline were near each other somewhere eastward, Ivy was northward, and I was somewhere in the middle with Flag, he turns back to look at the pad,

"They are fine, and as long as they keep doing as they are told they'll stay that way."

"So, that pad thingy can kill and track us, super!" I add sarcastically, leaning closer to the heat lamp, my shirt was still wet, so with the exception of my shorts I was shirtless.

"Yes, but it only works to detonate so don't think you can try to kill me to free you and your friends, Waller's the only one with the knowledge of how to release you," he adds, his voice stoic as he reviews over the screen, a silent permanent scowl on his otherwise twinkish looking face.

He may have been a grown man but under the light of the small heat lamp, and the full moon in the sky, he could still pass for eighteen or so.

"Oh I get it, you're right to be scared," I say and he attempts to catch me off guard pulling his gun to my head but at that very same moment, I pulled the blade from his boot that I noticed when I walked over and placed the tip underneath his crotch as he looked me in the eyes, his face still unmoving, expressionless.

"You know I could blow your head in seconds, without the help of some chip, make no mistake Quinn, you don't frighten me," he says and I lean the blade into his crotch and he looks down, and back at me, not having noticed until now that I was one push away from giving him a rainforest vasectomy.

"As I said, you'd be right...to be scared," I threaten my voice low, leaning into him, "tell me, how attached are you to your boys down there."

He looks at me, and I expect to see him frightened but he just laughs a little and pulls my hand underneath his crotch closer and stares me in the eyes,