Chapter 31

Earth 48

"Dean?" I hear Nick calling to me as I jerked my head, trying to gather my composure, and I look around the club as Sam and Adam stand across from me, the both of them shaking their heads too, suffering from the same lightheadedness as I was.

"You guys okay?" Nick asks, waving his hands in front of our faces and I clear my throat along with my brothers, and we all looked at each other, wondering what happened to us.

"Yeah, sorry Nick, I think we just kind of spaced out for a second, what were you saying?" I asked him, trying to figure out what had happened to the three of us.

We were just having a conversation and suddenly I just had this light-headed feeling and I could have sworn I saw Sam and Adam's eyes shimmer white, along with this weird seasick feeling, like when people get up too fast from bed.

I instinctively grabbed my chest, feeling a phantom pang of pain as I looked down at my shirt. I didn't know what I'd expected to see when I looked down but for some reason, I just felt like I should have been bleeding, but I pushed the feeling away as Sam, Adam, and I tried to focus on what Nick was saying,

"Okay, are you guys talking about me again? You promised you guys would stop doing that when I was around?" Nick whined a little before crossing his arms and Sam just smiled as he climbed onto Nick's back to which he reluctantly allowed, nuzzling his ears,

"We're not, Nick, I promised and you know I keep my promises," he smiled as he crossed his fingers behind his back to where only Adam and I could see and we sort of snickered.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Nick answered back, pulling Sam into his arms kissing him deeply. The two of them had been dating for a few months after they discovered that both of them had plant-based abilities.

Our mom was meta so we were born with our powers, like most of the Falcone family line, but Sam and Adam were the only ones who got nature-based powers.

Mine were mind-based, I held some telepathic abilities and insanity inducement, which allowed me to cause brain ruptures that can either cause insanity or brain hemorrhaging it was a nifty little skill in our trade.

Adam held some terrakinetic abilities, controlling rocks and earth and Sam was biokinetic, able to control plant life.

He and Nick met when Adam and Sam went on a hunt together, my two younger brothers being what the media described as eco-terrorists, destroying factories and big company conglomerates that posed a threat to nature.

Nick had been going after the same company that day and crossed paths, although when Nick used his powers it made him turn into a Swamp-like creature but once his human form was pretty decent looking.

Decent enough to catch Sam's attention and the two hit off fast, I just thanked God that Sam didn't turn green like Nick did when he used his powers, I couldn't imagine having a green little brother.

Although he did go through a phase when he was sixteen with dying his hair red and wearing nothing but green clothes once he'd discovered his powers. Adam and I used to tease him all the time trying to figure out what he was going to call himself for a while, calling him Poison Ivy and Red, he did not like that.

We weren't big on aliases in our family, after all, we were the Falcones, people pretty much knew our name already.

"I was saying that if Sam was done with the books so we could hurry up and make our flight? Paris isn't waiting forever?" he asks and Sam smiles, turning to Adam and me.

"You guys can handle the books while I'm gone right? I mean, I know I clearly got the smarts in the family, but I'm sure if you both put your heads together you could make one brain right?" he teases and both Adam and I flip him off.