Chapter 27

Now

The four of us sat on the small jet, the men in black sitting around us watching our every move. They'd taken off the meta cuffs and released each of us from our respective restraints and the four of us just sat there waiting for Waller's instruction.

We'd been flying for a few hours and it's been pretty silent so far, aside from the coms on the soldiers' uniforms catching stray radio waves every so often, and the hum of the jet going through the air.

I've been watching the men in black very closely since we boarded. I counted twenty-three with the exception of Waller and Flag, I think there were a few women in the mix, seven or so, but the rest were men.

They all seemed to be highly skilled operatives, weapons at the ready, tasers, specialized guns, and various other weapons that I hadn't ever seen before.

The thought of us trying to overpower them has crossed my mind, a few sly looks between Ivy, Feline, Frost, and I made me wonder if we should but we all knew the situation. Ivy took my pinky in his when the guard turned away and I leaned back knowing what he was doing.

I glanced behind his neck and saw the Feline and Frost interlace theirs as well, with Feline locking his other with Ivy, securing our connection.

Because Ivy had a telepathic link to his plants, and Feline had the same type of connection with his cats, they'd figured out that when they connected their gifts they could hear the thoughts of those they touched.

It took us a while to work out the kinks, but Ivy and Feline finally found the right wavelength to hear our most present thoughts, it wasn't exactly walkie talkies, but it was better than nothing, Feline's voice was the first to come into our minds,

So, anyone got any ideas?  

None that won't get us caught, Frost thought back, looking to the cabin door that Waller was behind.

She wouldn't kill us though, not if she needs our powers to do whatever it is that she wants us to do, Feline adds.

Yeah, but I'm guessing she knows that we prefer to be alive, my guess is, she'd probably kill us one by one until whoever's left cooperates, Ivy adds in, and Feline purses his lips, agreeing.

I mean there's gotta be something we can do, Frost, do you think you could freeze it out, you know, short circuit it? I ask, but I noticed one of the guards eyeing me, thankfully Frost coughed making him divert his attention before he saw where my hands were.

That's what I've been doing since we got on the plane, every time I try to lower my body temperature, the chip warms up. It doesn't surprise me, she knows our strengths and weaknesses.

It's the reason why she unlocked our cuffs, she knows were not crazy enough to try to attack them, especially without some way to get these things out of our necks, Frost thinks back.

Speak for yourself, if we kill them, and Ivy gets a chance to do that sex thing that he does on her, he can make her not kill us, and we can force her to tell us how to deactivate it, I propose and the three of them cut their eyes at me.

It's not a sex thing, it's a concentrated pheromonal scent I emit. Besides, from here, I can only manipulate the people near me.

And that would only turn them on, I still would have to tell them what to do verbally, and it wouldn't affect everyone, which would mean whoever is too far away would notice and we're dead, Ivy adds, leaning back slightly.

So what are you saying, we're all fucked? I think back.

Pretty much, these things are both remote and voice-activated, and I don't know about you guys, but I like my head where it is...attached to my body, Feline adds and I roll my eyes, my annoyance very clear by this point.