PROLOGUE: Hey!

Copyrights:

Every part of the story is created through the writer's imagination and doesn't hold any truth to real events. This is purely work of fiction.

No part of this story may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including encoding, printing or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the owner/writer, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

All rights reserved.

Gone Girl, Gun Girl ©️2018

WARNING: IF YOU READ THIS PRIOR 2020, MIGHT AS WELL RE READ IT FROM THE START SINCE IT HAS BEEN UPDATED AND CHANGED.

***

P R O L O G U E :

"We can't let him get away!" Gian's jaw tensed as she focused on her target from a building above. Her  boss uttering commands in her earpiece.

"Target's moving. I need an eye. They're entering the building. I repeat, I need an eye."

Within seconds, a clear view of Kevin Mendez, their target flashed in her eyes. Like a layer of her vision, it was programmed on her contact lenses. That's the perks of technology nowadays, right? It's easy to access everything and easy to get away.

She ran down the stairs and picked up the pair of janitor's uniform and slid it on as she made her way down. Riffle sling on her side, and strides were wide. She has no time to waste. Her target will be gone soon, she needs a closer aim.

Kevin Mendez. A name loathed by many. A multi billionaire drug smuggler who's in control of an underground syndicate including child slavery and kidnapping. Locally and internationally. Even the police don't want to cross him. But that's about to change, Gian thought. She's in a mission to take him down today.

A private agent, that's what she is. Hired to kill someone or protect someone for money. She doesn't have any plans on staying on that job when she started, but her life became shitty and she found herself in one more mission after another. The money is good. Either if it's clean or not.

"Carter, you have to be there. What kind of groom are you if you wouldn't be in meeting the day before your wedding?"

Gian pulled her cap lower as she pushed the trolley, not meeting the both of men's gaze she's about to pass by. One man bowed to her reciprocating her gesture. A greeting. Perhaps he thought she's being polite when she bowed her head.

"A groom who doesn't want to get married I guess."

"Room 201." Her boss instructed from her earpiece. "They changed the venue to an indoor garden. You can see it through the room's balcony."

She left the trolley on the hallway, in case someone try to come in and lock the door behind her. She set her riffle in the balcony floor. True enough, she has small but clear vision of the target. Quite tricky, but not she can't handle. All she needed to do is put a bullet on Kevin's skull. That's what her boss expected her to do. That's what her team is expected to do.

She put herself in position, laying on her stomach, she started counting.

"Target is now entering the gates. Darling, ready?" a voice from her earpieces said.

She roll led her eyes hearing her own codename.
Darling. How she hates it. But what can she do? Her boss insisted on it.

"Affirmative." she blandly answered.