Six: My husband's ex-lover

Maricar Lopez's wedding is nothing but grand in a beautiful garden swarmed with media— she's a celebrity after all plus marrying a senator. The place overlooking the ocean and Gian stopped her urge to jump of the cliff and dive deep.

A-list Celebrities and famous people filled the place like it was a movie premiere, with custom made suits and perfect fitted gowns. Gian wearing a simple red silk gown showing her cleavage and a decent length of slit on the side was surely a head turner the moment she walked in with Carter. Oh, how she hates the attention.

Carter held her closer, "I don't think Maricar would appreciate you taking the spotlight." Carter said, amusement in his tone

"And I don't think that's my problem since I didn't choose the dress." Gian countered, smiling at the familiar faces along the way. "Besides, I have to look good on the photos the media will release."

Carter smiled to himself, instantly regretting his choice of dress for her although he wasn't really himself that time. His brain was occupied after the hostage that he didn't went through the whole rack of dresses and just nodded when he saw the first one. Now, he don't like it at all. Not the dress but how the dress perfectly accentuate her curves. He's pretty sure every pair of men's eyes was already picturing what's beneath the dress, and that's disturbing for Carter.

"Mina!" A woman called, her voice familiar and when Gian looked around it was Michel. Of course, she'll be here, she thought.

"Hey!" She faked a smile before kissing each other on the cheeks. Gian didn't miss the sparkle in Michel's eyes seeing Carter behind her. "Nice to see you here. Let me guess, you're the wedding singer?"

Michel raised her brow in disapproval but it instantly turned into a sweet smiled. Carter bit his lip, stopping himself from smiling knowing the woman in front of them is internally scratching Gian. Before Michel could speak, Carter introduced himself. "Hi, I'm Carter, the husband." He extended a hand smiling.

Michel's smile widen as she accepted his hand. "Oh, yeah, I know. Gian is surely lucky."

"Trust me, I'm the lucky one." He chuckled pulling Gian closer to him. "I wouldn't be alive right now if not because of her."

Gian grinned as she wrapped her arm on Carter's waist. What a great actor, she thought. Quite proud of him although it didn't really fall far away from the truth. "Of course you are." She agreed before turning to Michel. "So you don't have a date?"

"I do." Michel answered before calling a man not so far from them. When the man looked to their direction, she smiled at Michel. Gian's eyes widen in surprise. Gian swore under her breath, while the man smiled and walked towards them.

Michel smiled sweetly, "This is Luke, my boyfriend."

Luke's smiled at Carter and Gian. They introduced themselves to each other, when Gian introduced herself, Luke was still smiling. Gian's eyes burning him and her teeth gritted, when Luke accepted her hand, she almost break his bones. Of course, she knew that blond muscular man in front of her— she know him very well.

Obviously, he doesn't recognize her. That prick. She scoffed.

***

The wedding ceremony was soon over, fortunately for Gian. The reception was not far, a walk away from the wedding. "Do you know the man?" Carter asked, noticing her looking at Luke's way.

"Jealous, are you?" She smirked walking beside him. Knowing who he was referring to.

Carter looked at her, "Should I be?" He answered "Also, the media might get the wrong idea if you keep looking at him."