Fifteen: If I'm not Mina

"Welcome back, sweetheart." Gregor Ayala embraced Gian with wide smile as soon as they set foot in London. Cameras flashing behind them, in the distance. "How was your honeymoon?"

"Is media really necessary?" Gian almost rolled her eyes at Gregor. Carter behind them, pretending not to know anything. Pretending not to hear anything.

Gregor chuckled, "Of course! We have to stop the divorce rumor from circulating. We don't want that to continue, do we?"

Gian didn't answer. It's pretty much clear to Gian that Gregor isn't who he appears to be.

"You'll have a media interview with Carter tomorrow night." Gregor said "but tonight, we're having a party."

"For what?"

Gregor looked at her with a weird look then fake a laugh, "It's your husband's birthday, sweetheart."

Gian literally stopped walking. "What did you say?"

"Don't worry, we have everything ready. You don't have to do anything but be there." He assured her, but that didn't affect Gian. She scoffed, of course she forgot. It's not like she remember anyone's birthday. She looked at Carter walking in front of them now, thinking what's going in his mind right now.

***

The Sebastian mansion was filled with high profile people dressed in perfectly tailored suits and gowns. Of course, everyone wants an association with the Sebastians especially with Carter— the present Vice President and the future heir of a telecommunication empire.

Dressed in a simple cream dress, she walked back inside the house. Obviously, Carter wasn't beside her. He's busy giving his attentions to everyone but her.

She's fine alone. Carter was being a kid, she thought. And she wouldn't tolerate immaturity especially with petty reasons.

She poured herself a glass of wine, stayed in a corner inside the kitchen.

"Mina?" A woman called her, it's Carter's mother. She immediately smiled. "What are you doing here? Aren't you enjoying the party?"

"Of course I am." She answered "It's a beautiful party you've thrown Carter, Catherine." She assured her with a smile.

"C'mon," Catherine held her hand and led her to an empty room. "You can tell me anything, you know."

Gian don't meet Catherine often but whenever she does, she was nothing but pleasant and kind to her. They exchanged stories and travel experiences, laughed and talked about men in their lives.

She smiled and covered Catherine's hand with hers. "Thank you, Catherine. But I assure you, I'm fine."

Catherine smiled, "So tell me, was my son great during the honeymoon? Should I be expecting my grandchild soon?" She asked excitedly

Gian nervously laughed, "Oh— I— We— Of course, he was."

"You're not pregnant?"

Gain sighed, shook her head. Catherine looked disappointed. Of course, with her age and her son's recent marriage, she's expecting for a grandchild, but she's also fully aware that the marriage was only for business. Although, Catherine hope they could develop some feelings after the honeymoon.

"Can you be honest with me, dearie?" Catherine looked at Gian "Is there any chance you can love Carter?"

Gian looked back at her, couldn't answer.