Seventeen: I'm choosing to be crazy

"Businessman Carter Sebastian was shot in his own residence during his birthday party last night. Actor Gregor Ayala was also at the scene with a gun wound, although he was believed to be the one responsible for the attack. Sebastian family already filed for a criminal charges against Ayala for attempted murder and threat. Gregor denied the allegations saying it's false accusations, but earlier today Mina Araneta filed a lawsuit against Gregor Ayala who she claimed to be her father— surprising fans— and who threatened and assaulted her.

"The police are still investigating the case."

Carter turned switch off the TV inside his hospital room and sighed. "Can you make sure that he never gets out this?"

His lawyer nodded, "I don't think he can. Ms. Araneta's claim alone is enough to lock him up for for quite a long time."

"Don't take it lightly," Carter said "I want him behind bars, and I want him to stay there for good."

There was a knock on the door, Catherine walked in. "Someone's here to talk to you."

Carter nodded as he looked back at his lawyer who's handing him an envelope. "It's what you were asking for."

He took it with a small smile before the lawyer walked out and a woman entered. It's Mina. The real one. The Mina everyone adore with no trace of change. Her hair was back to brown, although, she's quite tan than a few months ago.

Mina smiled at him, "How are you?"

Carter smiled back, "I'm good. How are you? I didn't know you're back in London."

"Good." She replied "I heard you were shot so I took the earliest flight out and immediately did something I should have done a long time ago." She sat near him, "I'm sorry.... about my father."

"You shouldn't be apologizing for something you didn't do." Carter said, "Besides, I'm still not convinced that he's your father." He joked

Mina laughed, "Trust me, I am still praying that he's not." She said looking around. "Although, science would definitely slap me with the DNA result with a big 'SUCK IT UP' note."

Carter took the envelope and hand opened it. It's the divorce papers. He took the pen and sighed it before passing it to Mina.

"Thank you, Carter." Mina said teary eyed "I'm sorry, I'm being emotional. It's the pregnancy." She laughed

Carter laughed with her as she signed the papers, "What are your plans?"

Mina looked at him from the papers and smiled excitedly. "I'm getting married, publicly, this time."

Carter gasped then smiled, "Congratulations!" He said "I hope your husband don't mind if I gatecrash."

Mina laughed, "Please don't do that, my husband is particularly unwelcoming towards strangers who gatecrashes." She said "But I'll send you an invite."

"How about you? What are your plans?" Mina asked

"Besides from work, I'll probably be on my jet drinking champagne." He chuckled

"That sounds like a very good plan." She said looking around, "Where is she?" Mina suddenly asked

Carter weakly smiled, "I don't know."

Mina nodded and sighed, dropping the subject, "Get better soon. The media can't wait to hear about our divorce." She said as she stood up. "I'll go now, I'll see you soon."

Carter nodded. Mina stopped, "Oh I forgot, this is for you. Or at least, that's what I think." She said placing a paper bag on top of Carter's bed.

"What do you mean?" Carter asked in confusion

Mina smiled, "Someone left it, and I know it's not for me."

"Who?"

Mina's phone rang, she immediately picked it up and walked out winking at Carter. Leaving Carter curious.

He took the bag and took what's inside. He froze when he realized what is it. He scoffed, smiling. It's a conch shell. It's the conch shell. The same one he tried to haggle in Miami. The one who reminds him of someone's beauty. The one he didn't get on purpose, but now is in his hands.

His smile grew wider. He took his phone, called someone.

"I need a favor."

***

"Is it true that you filed for divorce?" A reporter asked towards Mina and Carter, during their press interview. Different tv station, radio station and paper are present. They want to address their issue once and for all. "Who wanted it?"

Mina and Carter smiled at them, "Yes." They said in unison. People murmured around.

"Does it have to do with your father, Ms. Mina?"

"He may have something to do with the marriage, but he doesn't have anything to do with out separation." Mina said "Carter and I... although we're friends, being married to each other wasn't really our choice. It was an arrangement. I know this will disappoint a lot of people, but we've decided to pursue each of our happiness separately."

"You said it was an arrangement. What do you mean by that?"

"People around us think they could make us happy by marrying us to each other." Carter said "They thought it's a good way for friendship and eventually...love." Carter smiled, "But love doesn't work that way. Mina and I, we're alike yet very different. We chose this path because we both want to make our choices. I don't want her to find love just to turn her back at it because of this marriage."

Mina nodded looking at Carter smiling, "You might think I'm crazy to let Carter Sebastian go, and I guess I am. But then, at the end of the day, yours or anyone else's opinion doesn't matter anymore. I am choosing to be crazy."

The reporters seemed to be lost for words. Carter sailed at Mina.

***

Gian stopped the video she was watching, pulling her earphones off. She stood outside the airport, waiting for someone. Her hair now back to it natural blonde shade covered by a hat.

"Hey!" A voice called not far away, waiving his hand on the air. It's Ian. "You're late!"

She smiled, "When did you get here?"

Ian stopped in front of her, smiling. "Something's telling me you're coming home." He said

Gian raised her brow at him. "Being a computer guy really has perks, isn't it?" She sarcastically said. Ian laughed. "Don't you have work?"

Ian shook his head, "I'm on vacation. Just like you."

Gian smiled, "Copy cat."

Ian just chuckled and helped her with her things. "You better treat me for lunch."