Eighteen: How can someone desire something so impossible?

*3 Months Later*

There's a place where Gian had one of the best memories of her life. Hawaii.

Looking at the ocean a few feet away while standing under the excruciating heat, her heart couldn't be more happy. She's home.

"Good job, Rey!" Gian said as a young man approached her on the shore holding a surf board. "We're looking at a good chance of winning the regionals here."

Rey smiled nervously, "I'm quite nervous. It's my first time."

For the past three months, she taught children and young adults to surf. Building a foundation for kids who suffered addiction and depression and support them, get back on track and reach their dreams. So far, everything is going great.

Great donors. Great students.

She's not constantly looking over her shoulder and fearing for her life now that Gregor Ayala and David was behind bars. Also, her name's not on the bounty list anymore, Ian was a very good brother, making sure of that.

Any trace of being Mina is gone. Her jet black hair was back on its wave, her eyes starts to sparkle again like the golden sand.

That is retirement.

"I still can't believe I'm surfing in Hawaii and Gian Wilson trained me." Rey said looking at the ocean I'm front of them, smiling from ear to ear. They sat on the sand under a coconut tree. "The day on the convenience store feels like yesterday." He chuckled

Gian laughed with him. That's right, he's that guy he talked to in the convenience store once. She wasn't really expecting to see him when she went back to Hawaii. Rey's one of her first students. Yes, he also went through a dark phase, but he's doing better now. He looks at her with enthusiasm and excitement. Something that reminds her of someone.

"If you didn't said what you said, I'd probably still behind that register in the middle of nowhere, dreaming." Rey constituted looking at her "Thank you."

Gian smiled at him, "So, your friends are throwing a party tonight?"

"It's a little dinner." He answered "I hope you could come. A close friend of mine who's a singer is gonna be there."

"Of course." Gian answered and grinned, "For now, you have to go back there and work harder."

Rey swiftly stood up, almost loosing his balance, and salute at Gian. "Aye aye, captain." He replied with a deep voice before running towards the sea.

Gian was left there smiling.

"Hey!" Someone called from behind "Mermaid!"

When she looked back, it's Ian, walking towards her. His pale skin is now tan, his hair now messy throughout the day, and a constant smile on his face. Almost like a different guy from 3 months ago. "What are you doing here? I thought you went somewhere."

"Yeah." Ian said "I picked him up from the airport and took him to his hotel."

"I didn't know you're that friendly." She chuckled "I didn't know you have friends."

Ian gasped, "Of course I have. I'm popular." He replied proudly

Gian rolled her eyes with a smile, "So what are you here for?"