Four: You just wasted a great offer, buddy

Gian entered the kitchen and noticed the figure beside the marble counter—leaning like a billboard model— Carter Sebastian, ladies and gentlemen.

"You haven't left." she stated more to herself. She didn't even bother to hide her surprise in seeing him. Walking past him to make herself some coffee.

"This is my house..." Carter simply answered walking behind the counter and sitting on a stool.

"Oh of course." Internally rolling her eyes she said that with a hint of fake apology. She is really getting used to the acting, and sarcasm, or maybe that just her.

"We have to go to Miami today for photos." He said opening a newspaper

"Photos?" she chuckled dryly not really amused. "A thousand wedding photos isn't enough, I guess." she said and sipped her coffee. Although the fact of getting out of the house suddenly excites her, half of her doesn't really like the idea of public appearances.

"It's too early to be sassy, don't you think?" Carter asked with not fake smile as he lowered down the newspaper and looked at her. He noticed her face free from anything, not the white as a paper kind of color but the tan she has, her hair tied in a messy bun above her head, and a robe tied around her waist.

"Want to take a picture? It last longer." She commented

"The media needs to see us together." Carter paid no attention to her comment

"For what?"

Carter slid the newspaper he was previously reading to her direction. "There are rumours saying that you and I had divorced or immediately separated after three months of marriage."

"Rumors." the media sure just want to stir the gossip water and Carter don't want to let it pass. On the other hand, Gian wasn't bothered at all. Does that even matter? Celebrities file for divorces even after saying 'I do' so it shouldn't be a big deal. "Let it be. That's what media is all about, isn't it? Just rumors."

"Listen." he said seriously "I know this is not the normal set up of marriage, but we both have our reasons why we are here." To escape, Gian thought looking at the man in front of her thinking about possible reasons why he accepted the marriage. Was it family tradition? Blackmail? Or a debt?

"This might be a hoax, but we have to convince the people that it's not."

The artist game. Gian smirked, "No, we don't."

Whatever reason Carter had I'm marrying Mina, it surely doesn't involve romantic feelings. He married Mina knowing that people believe in her in whatever she wants them to believe. A good actress for a good reputation. Nice game you're playing, Mr. Sebastian.

"The harder you convince people, the harder they'll believe you." She said then sighed "besides, they don't have a solid proof that we separated so no need for drama." 

Carter's face harden but she didn't know why. Although it sparked some joy in her, seeing real emotion than showing her fake smiles.

"On second thought," Gian paused and folded her arms on her chest. "Miami is not a totally bad idea if you wanted to prove to your ex lover that she isn't the only one whose happy now."
She smiled.

Carter's slammer his hand on the counter. His jaw locked as his eyes settled on her with hate. Oh my, did she just hit the jackpot? She can't help but smile at her own little victory.