Eleven: Humans bleed

Carter woke up excitedly. Like a kid excited for the first day of school. Although he wasn't expecting Ian there when he opened his eyes.

"Uhh..." he sat up "What are you doing here?"

"Gian asked me to look after you." Ian simply answered sipping a cup of coffee "Did something happened last night?"

Carter stopped, all those wrong things in his head, all possible "happenings", "We surfed, that's all." He answered

Carter got up and made his way to the bathroom, but before he could make it, Ian spoke. "Do you like her?" He asked looking out the ocean

Carter stopped, blinked. The question struck him like lightning, sending sparks to his body. Does he like her? The question echoed in his mind like a broken record, a beautiful picture of a dark haired woman flashed before his eyes.

Before Carter could answer, the door opened. Gian walked in. Her face unreadable as she looked towards Ian, avoiding Carter's gaze.

"Hey! Where have you been?" Carter asked, smiling.

"We have to go." She said pulling her suitcase out and stuffing her things in.

Carter's smile fell, confused, "But our flight is tomorrow." He looked at Gian then to Ian. His eyes needing answers.

Ian turned to Gian, "What happened?" He asked seriously

Gian stopped, turned to Ian, briefly looked at Carter then looked back at her brother. "It's time to set things right."

"What the he—" "Get down!"

Before Carter could finish his words, Gian jumped to him, bringing him down. Her voice muffled in his ears as everything went slow motion, the next thing he knew Gian was holding a gun, shooting while dragging him behind a wall.

"Stay here. Stay low." She instructed before she disappeared from his sight.

Gian shouted to Ian saying she needs a cover for a little while. Ian, although not a violent person, took the gun and started shooting the men in black who barged in their door, all holding guns. All looking murderous.

When Gian pulled the gun under the bed, she turned back to the men and started her own fight. One men was able to punched her in the face making her bleed, although it didn't hit as much as of the moment. She fell on her knees, but immediately got up and spit out the blood in her mouth. The man thrusting his gun on her forehead, "What do you want?"

"Nothing. It's an order." The man answered as she kicked him and pulling him down. She got on top of him and started punching.

Ian on the other hand was still on his feet, throwing punches after kicks, as he bleed. The man tackled him down, while Ian tried to take the gun from him.

As Gian continuously punched the passed out man under her, another man was slowly reaching for a gun nearby. By now Ian was on his feet, clutching his bleeding arm when he saw the man.

"Gian!" Ian shouted before a gunshot was heard. Wide eyed he tried to run to the man. It was too late when he heard the gun shot.  

Blinking, Ian looked at Gian who's as stunned as he was. The man dropped on the floor, dead. A bullet in his head. When they both realized that either of them was holding a gun, their eyes searched the room, until it fell on Carter.

He was holding a gun, his face as surprised as the two are.

Did he just shot the man? He slowly lowered the gun. Not knowing what to say.

"We have to go." Gian said and Ian nodded

"I'll stay. The FBI will be here any minute. I'll tell them, Carter is fine." Ian said as another set of gunshot was heard, he looked at Gian and throw her a key. "To the garage. You can find my car. Take it."