Eight

"No." I groan, a dry, rough cough emitting from my throat, making me feel like I'm about to actually cough out my poor lungs. "M'not faking sick." I sniffle, a frown falling over my lips.

"I'm just kidding, Kells." Jenna chuckles from the other end of the line. "What if I come over after school? Sound good?" A great attempt of a squeal tried to come out of me but I only really let out a dry cough and a groan afterwards. I really do feel so disgustingly icky right now.

"M'kay, text me on your way here." A few more reminders from Jen and a final bye, I am left to fend for myself. I know I get a bit dramatic whenever I'm sick but I just feel the need to be taken care of whenever I don't feel good. Though my dad offered to stay despite laughing at me for catching his nasty flu, I told him to go and leave for work. Lucky guy healed over night and passed on his germs to me.

Stephanie brought me chicken noodle soup for breakfast a while ago and it should've made me feel all the more better but it wasn't able to do its trick this time. I badly wanted to be productive but I think, with this tiny amount of energy that I have, I wouldn't be able to finish any task without the urge of throwing up or passing out due to the sudden wave of nausea that hits me whenever I stand up for too long.

I settled with sitting on my bed with my legs stretched out in front of me, back resting against my wooden headboard as I grabbed my iPad from beside me, turning the brightness all the way down. My inability to fully smell anything is already making me feel dizzy as is, excessive light makes me feel light-headed, too. But I also don't want to suffer from pure boredom so I'd just watch videos all day, probably.

--

Stephanie went in my room around 10 am, giving me my meds and telling me that Mr. Perry and my dad had called her to check up on me. Days like this, I am extra thankful for having Stephanie in our lives. Gosh, she's a literal heaven's sent! I can't even imagine a waking day without her. Sometimes, I feel like we somehow take advantage of her services, or that we take her for granted, though she's always ever-so grateful for us and our kindness towards her and her lovely mom. Anyways, my dad and I sure can't imagine a still-standing house without her here.

12:30 pm, Stephanie brought in a tray of my lunch, nothing too big and heavy, just a simple, light, soup of some sort, a glass of water and a tablet of medicine for my cough. My throat's been hurting like heck because I've been coughing ten times worst than a smoker who's been leisurely smoking two packs of cigarettes a day for the past fifteen years.

At around 1:30 pm, I am already bored out of my own mind. I'm the kind of person who needs to constantly do things to feel productive in order for me to not feel useless with the use of my time. This is also the reason why I wanted to look for an extra activity in the first place - not just plainly because of boredom.

Anyways, I feel at least a little bit okay now. My head isn't spinning anymore and when I got up to go to the bathroom, I was able to stand and walk without the awful feeling of throwing up what's barely there in my stomach.

My dad had called me multiple times in the past 6 hours, checking up on me and being the usual great worrier that he is. He also told me that he had contacted Aunt Gab and told her that I'd be skipping my afternoon help until I go back to feeling better again. Since I'm her ultimate favorite, she told him that it's all okay and that she'll call the church's office to tell them about the situation. She also said that she'd try to drop by and bring me food. Ah, I love Aunt Gabriel so much, I swear.

By the time 3 pm ticked by, I felt too bored out of my own head. There's this aching feeling in me to do something more productive but I don't know what else I should and can do. I'm still coughing my insides out, though I feel like my head's in a better condition now. I still have about 2 hours to waste away before Jenna comes over.