Twenty-eight

I spent a lot of time in Gee and Frank's house. They're really nice people. Very sarcastic, loud, bickering, but very lovely people. I learned how everything started with them. Learned that they were in a band back then and how they also went through rough paths, dated other people, but somehow, eventually, found their way back to each other. It's really, sweet actually, their love story.

Love. They mentioned it quite a handful of times and I can't help but to think of the day when someone would tell me that they're in love with me. Like, romantically in love with me.

Frank and Gee made love sound so crazy - like a roller coaster ride with so much intense ups and downs and a handful of big hoops. They told me that no relationship is too clean and steady. They told me that no matter what, I shouldn't be afraid to stop loving people, they told me that I shouldn't be afraid to express my feelings and that I should tell people that I love them before it's too late. They also told me that love is a beautiful thing, that no one can ever judge you and your lover but you two alone.

The way they described love mirrors their relationship well and though I wasn't able to witness how my mom and dad loved each other, I'm sure it pretty much looked how Frank and Gee's love looks.

I went home before the sun completely went down, a contented smile on my face. I've spent so much time thinking about this silly little problem before but just like that, Gee and Frank was able to help me, who would've thought?

"Hey, where have you been?" My dad asks, an eyebrow raised and arms folded in front of his chest questioningly.

I shrug, scratching the back of my neck. "Just..with our neighbors."

"Neighbors?" He looked too surprised and I gave him an unimpressed look. "Which neighbor?"

"Frank and Gee." I shrug. "Wow, is it really that surprising?" I roll my eyes at him but who am I even kidding, of course that would've surprised anyone. I am not much of a social butterfly, anyway.

My dad chuckles, messing with my hair when I walk past him and to the kitchen, grabbing a glass of water and downing it in a second. "Yeah, actually. I thought you hated Mr. Iero?" My dad mocks me and I smile up at him wide.

"I thought I was scared of him, not hate." I shake my head. "He's really nice, him and Gee. And I can call him Frank now, he told me I shouldn't be too proper and all, especially when calling him."

My dad nods, looking at me weird before dismissing the conversation and I excused myself to go upstairs and look for Alan. I knock on his door and a few moments later, I hear him say that I should just come in since the door's unlocked. "Hey, what's up?" He asks with a smile projected towards me. I notice how extra tidy his room is, stuff neatly placed around and clothes nowhere to be found. Sundays are usually his days off of work, so maybe he took his time to clean his room, not that it was messy before. We both like to keep our rooms clean, actually.

"Nothing much." I sang, plopping down on his bed. "What about you, what have you been up to?"

He shrugs, joining me and sitting down beside me. "Not so much, since you up and left me."

I pout, pulling myself up to a sitting position and lay my head on his shoulder. "M'sorry. I just went out and talked to our neighbors."

"Wow, someone's being social." He jokes, the vibration of his laughter ringing in my ear in such a comforting way. That's what I like about Alan being here. He keeps me company and he's fun to hangout with.

"Yep, I got to know them more today and they're really nice people." I explain further and Alan hums. We sat there in contentment, just basking the comfort of the silence and the warmth shared between us. Alan's always so comfortable. It's like he continuously projects this warm feeling to everyone and it's really soothing to me.