Eighteen

"A-and then he left." I sniffle, whining at my best friend as we sit on her bed lousily, the sadness still pouring out of me all at once and I'm sure I look so messy and disgusting right now but I can't seem to care. I'm too sad to care.

"I knew he was an asshole." Jenna grumbles and I could feel her shaking her head disapprovingly. Like a lot little kid not knowing what to do with themselves, I called Jenna whilest I cried my way home. Not even a minute after dialing her number, she was already there to my aid and pulling up on the side walk with so much worry masking her face. I feel kind of bad that I rudely kicked her out of my house the other day and here I am now, crying like a baby and she's with me the minute that I tell her I need her. I couldn't really ask for a better best friend.

"N-no, he's nice to me, I swear." I try to defend but Jenna didn't seem to bend on with that, looking at me as if silently urging me to tell the real truth. "He has his moments but he's really nice, honest."

The corner of Jenna's lips twitched, the one of disapproval, a tsk following afterwards. "I don't trust him, never have and never will."

"He's really nice I-"

"Not especially after this." She says, looking at me sternly, eyes telling me that nothing can really convince her otherwise and this is Jenna, my best friend for years, I know that she's the type of person whose opinions doesn't really change easily.

"M'sorry, Jen." I mumble sadly, the pout on my lip growing prominent as I look up at my best friend with very sad eyes, sad because I feel awful for how I treated her the other day and because of how things went with Vic today.

My best friend grabs my hands, rubbing my knuckles gingerly with her pail fingers. "What're you sorry for?" She asks, a curious eyebrow raised, fingers combing through my messy hair as I just laid my head there on her lap, feeling so small and fragile. I like it when Jenna takes care of me during my sad moments. Most of the time, she'll show people her hard and careless personality, but whenever she feels like I need her, she'll easily show this really sweet and caring side of her. Years of friendship made her memorize these things about me, I suppose.

"M'sorry for making you leave the house." I say, lip in a pout as I turned to my back, now looking up at her. She smiles a small smile, seeming to understand and I feel extra guilty. She's being so nice to me despite me throwing her out just like that.

She chuckles dryly and I know that she's just trying to lighten the mood but I can't seem to make myself to believe it one bit. I think she still seems upset just by the mention of it and I can't and won't blame her. If I was in her shoes, I'd still be so offended and probably wouldn't even talk to the person who threw me out. "That? S'okay, don't- don't even think about it anymore, 'kay?"

I shake my head stubbornly, eyebrows meeting together in protest. "No, it was so rude of me and- and I feel guilty about it. I get it if you're secretly mad and thank you for being nice but it's okay if you want to be mad at me."

By this point, Jenna has her head tilted to one side, looking at me weird and is trying to stop her smile from growing. "What? I don't want to be mad at you forever, Kells."

"You don't?"

"Nah. Why would I be? I can't be mad at you forever. That's just fucking impossible." She says as if it were the most obvious thing in the world, shaking her head.

"Why? How can you not be? I was so-"

"It's okay. It's already been done and I don't care about it anymore so don't stress yourself over it too much." She says with a shrug of her shoulder. I don't know if she's faking it anymore but the tone in her voice is making me think that maybe she really is over it by now.