Prologue

Pauline sat at her desk watching Halt as he sat next to the window looking board out of his mind. Halt had been like this for a couple months now, he didn't seem to do much of anything, and he started spending a lot of time alone. Even away from Pauline. Pauline thought to herself disparity as she tried to think of a reason for Halt to act this way. Halt was never the cheery type and kept to himself a lot, but inside he was a kind and loving person. lately Halt had shown no signs of being kind or loving, not even to his friends or family. As Pauline was thinking over this she suddenly had an idea.
"Halt?" Pauline said to Halt and he nodded his head in acknowledgment.
"Halt, what do you think about going to visit Julia and James?" Halt sat there for a moment pondering the idea. Julia and James were good friends of Halts, and he hadn't seen them for years. The idea appealed to Halt and he nodded his head in agreement.
"Good, when do you plan on leaving?" Pauline asked and Halt shrugged his shoulders.
"I'll leave sometime in the morning." Halt said as he got up and want into his room. Pauline stood there with a smile on her face, knowing that going to see Julia and James would be good for Halt.