Chapter 32

Nyx sat on her moms bed and played with her stuffed horse while her mom passed back and forth.

"He should be back by now." Pauline said to herself, as she kept passing back and forth. Pauline passed for a couple more minuets before someone nocked on her door.

"Come in." She said as she stopped passing back and forth. Arald then opened the door and walked into the room.

"Arald, what brings you here?" Pauline asked. Arald looked at her for a moment before speaking.

"Are you ok?" He asked. Pauline looked down for a moment before answering.

"I'm just really worried about Halt." Pauline said. Arald nodded his head in understanding. Halt has been gone for a day longer then Emma had expected. Pauline sat down on one of her chares.

"Don't worry he'll be fine. He's Halt after all." Arald said. Pauline nodded.

"That's what I'm afraid of." Pauline said, as she turned to look at her daughter who had fallen asleep on Pauline's bed. Arald fallowed Pauline's gaze to the sleeping form of Nyx. Arald smiled as he looked at the sweet little girl. He still couldn't believe that the little girl sleeping before him was Halt and Pauline's daughter. Arald walked over and sat in the other chare next to Pauline.

"Don't worry, he'll be ok. And remember if he needs help Crowley is only an hours ride away." Arald said. Pauline perked up at this. She had forgotten that Crowley was close to were Halt was. Pauline sighed at the thought. She was still worried, but not as much as before. Pauline smiled at Arald. She was glad she had someone to talk to. Pauline thought back to the day Pauline first met Halt. She smiled to her self. We were so young. She thought. And yet hear they were many years latter, they had a daughter. Who would have guessed. She wouldn't have, and neither would Halt. In fact that would have been the last thing anyone thought of. Pauline was glad they had a daughter. Pauline could not think of life with out Nyx now, and she new Halt felt the same way. Yes, Halt would come back. if not for her, then for their daughter. Arald left shortly after that and Pauline, not wanting to wake Nyx up, slipped into bed next to her daughter. Pauline stroked her daughters head as she thought back to her and Halts younger days.