Chapter 30

Halt sat in the same spot he was in last night, waiting for the colt to return. Halt sat there and waited for over an hour for the colt to arrive. After about an hour and a half the colt arrived and started up the same thing they did last night. This time Halt kept his eyes open for someone tied up. Halt scanned the area a couple times, but he didn't see anything. After a couple minuets Halt saw her, and to his horror the girl could not have been older then five. She was gaged, but trying to scream. Halt was not going to let them kill this girl, even if he had to fight them all to get to her. Halt slowly snuck down from were he was hiding and got ready to strike. Before he could do anything one of the colt members grabbed the little girl and started carrying her over to the fire. Halt jumped up and threw his dagger into the mans back, and he fell down dead. Everyone looked at Halt, as he ran over and grabbed the girl and started running to the village. When Halt ran, he suddenly stopped. Halt turned around and he was shocked to see that no one was chasing them. The cold members were just staring at them. Halt then turned around and ran back to a clearing and stopped to untie the girl. Halt took off the girls gag and untied her. She was crying and screaming for her mom and dad. Halt tried to calm her down, but she wouldn't stop crying. Halt picked up the girl and started taking her to the village to see if he could find her parents. Halt walked into the village and as soon as him and the girl came into view a women cried out and ran over to Halt. And man came running out of a home and after the women. The women ran over and grabbed the girl out of Halts arms and hugged her, crying. The man came over and hugged them both. The man looked at Halt.

"Were did you find our daughter?" Halt looked at them for a moment before answering.

"She had been kidnapped by a colt that has been working around hear." Halt said. the women took the little girl inside, while the man started thanking Halt for saving his daughter, and telling him that if he needed anything, to just ask.

"I would like to know any information regarding this colt?" Halt asked.

"Yes Of cores anything. I would like to help you take out the colt." The man said, which Halt was surprised that this man wanted to help him.

"This colt has been taking people from this village for to long. I want to help you stop them once and for all." Halt nodded at the mans words. They then shook hands and the man started telling Halt everything he knew.