Chapter 17

Emma was siting in her office, when Lady Pauline walked in. Emma had always respected Pauline. She was an honorable and gust women, and the wife of Halt.

"Lady Pauline, it's good to see you." Emma said smiling brightly. It had been a while since Emma had seen Pauline. Pauline was at the meeting to discus rebuilding castle Gorlan, but they had hardly spoken.

"Hello Emma, I have a question to ask of you." Pauline said with all the grace and beauty.

"Please, ask away." Emma said intrigued by Pauline coming to see her to ask a question.

"Have you noticed anything off about Halt lately?" Emma should have none this was coming. She had no idea how she and Halt were going to keep Nyx a secret, let alone from Halt's wife.

"Off?" Emma asked, as she tried to think of some way to reassure Pauline. Pauline thought of what to say for a moment, and then spoke her thoughts.

"After he got back he's been... distant." Emma could see that this was troubling Pauline greatly.

"He's probably just tiered, with everything that's going on I don't blame him." Emma could see that what she was saying wasn't working. She couldn't tell Pauline about Nix without Halts consent.

"I'm going to go back to castle Gorlan to over see some things, I will pass by Halts cabin and ask him if theres anything wrong if you'd like." Pauline still looked worried, but said yes. Pauline turned around to leave, when she was half way out the door Emma stopped her for a moment.

"Don't worry I'm shore he is perfectly fine." Pauline nodded and closed the door behind her. Emma sat there alone as she wondered what she was going to do. Emma hated lying to Pauline, but she new Halt hated it even more.

Halt sat at the table in his cabin drinking his coffee, and thinking to himself. Halt wanted to now who this man was, and what his game was. it seemed to Halt that he had all the power to attack and take Nyx, so why wasn't he.

As Halt sat there last in thought he didn't notice Nyx crawl into him room. Before Halt noticed anything he heard a loud bang and then herd stat to cry. Halt got up nocking his coffee over and ran into his room were the noise was coming from. when he got there he found Nyx sitting on the floor crying with a helmet on her head. Halt couldn't help but smile as Nyx cried because she couldn't see. Halt bent down and lifted the helmet off her head. Nyx looked up at Halt, and in those couple seconds went from crying to uncontrollable giggling. Halt put the helmet down and picked Nyx up and started tickling her. Nyx giggled and giggled as Halt tickled her. Halt moved over to then bed and sat Nyx down. Nyx rolled around grabbing onto the blankets and the while giggling away. Halt smiled at her and sat on the bed next to her and lade down. Nyx crawled onto Halt as he pretended to sleep. Then to Halts surprise Nyx just plopped herself right onto of Halt, lying of her belly. Nyx closed her eyes, but Halt could still hear her giggling. It was then that Halt realized that she was trying to aced like Halt, she thought this was a game. Halt opened one eye to see Nyx looking at him, she speedily went back to protending to be asleep. They stayed like that for a couple of minuets before Halt realized that Nyxes giggling had stopped. Halt opened his eyes to fine Nyx fast asleep. Halt slowly got up with a sleeping Nyx in his arms. Halt went into the kitchen and sat down on a chare. Nyx just slept there in Halts arms. She looked so peaceful, like as long as she was in Halts arms she new she was safe.