Chapter 11

Sadly for Araluen the earth quakes kept happening, and their was nothing they could do about them. Every Ranger was working on keeping the people in the fiefs safe. Halt was trying to help get people to safety while James looked after the injured. Damien had gotten back a week ago and had brought a good amount of supplies with him. None of the fiefs were allowed to contacted eachother, so know one really know what was going on.

Julia was sitting at a table in the main hall, while the little girl played with some toys on the floor when a man in a black cloak burst in threw the doors.

"Who are you?" Julia asked as Halt, hearing the man burst threw the doors, came in the room threw another door. The man stopped and looked at Julia, then at Halt and smiled a wicked grin.

"What I want in none of your concern." The man said his smile fading away. Julia couldn't help but stare at the man for a moment, his clear glassed over eyes catching hers for a moment.

"I believe it is. You just came barging in hear, if you don't have anything you are going to tell me you can leave. The man looked at her his evil smile coming back. Even Halt had to admit it was creepy. The man turned his head and pointed at the little girl siting on the floor, still playing with the toys.

"I want her back." Is all the man said. At this point Halt stepped in, walked over to the girl and stepping in between her and the man.

"What in the name of the king makes you think we would ever give you the girl." Julia answered. All the man did was stand there and smile at then, like this was an old joke.

"Oh, I wasn't expecting you to give her to me. I was hoping I would have to take her from you." The man said his sly smile never leaving his face.

"Why do you want her?" Julia asked, anger apparent in her voice. The man looked at her his smile fading for a moment then coming back.

"This girls father took what I held most deer, so I disided to take what he held most dear." The man said as he moved his head in the direction of the girl still smiling. This time Halt spoke up.

"Your the one who killed her parents aren't you." The man turned his head up in Halts direction.

"Yes I am. I took him and then I slit his wifes throght so he could see. The I set their home on fire with his baby girl inside, hoping he would have to listen to his babys screems, but he tried to save her and killed him selfe in the proses. All I need to do now in kill his beloved daughter, then my revenge will be compleat." As the man finished he started walking over to the girl. Halt went over and picked up the girl.

"Over my dead body." Halt said the man stoped and said something that chilled Halt and Julia.

"I know."