Chapter 28

The next couple days went by without much happening. Halt had been spending most of his time with Nyx, but he still had to do his job with or without a daughter.

Emma looked up from her work to see Halt walk in with Nyx.

"Hay Halt, hay Nyx!" Emma said as Nyx ran over and gave her a hug.

"What are you two doing hear?" Emma asked as Nyx ran into her room and jumped on the bed with her toys.

"I need you to watch Nyx for a couple hours. I'm going to go check out that colt you were talking about." Halt said. Emma nodded.

"Ya, I can do that." Halt nodded his thanks, and left the room. Emma turned to Nyx who was now playing with that small stuffed horse she loved so much.

"So, What do you want to do now Nyx?" Emma asked. Nyx looked at her for a moment the went back to play with her horse.

"Ok then." Emma said to herself as she went back to her work.

As Halt rode threw the woods he started to have the feeling that someone was watching him. He couldn't see anyone, but he new there was someone there. Halt held his bow in his hand ready to shoot anyone who would strike. As Halt rode deeper and deeper into the woods the feeling go stronger and stronger. Still Halt could not see anyone. Pretty soon the sun started to set and halt new he would have to stop for the night, but still that feeling lingered. Halt stopped and started a fire. As Halt sat there leaning against a tree in he light of the fire, he new he wasn't going to get any sleep. At least not with this feeling. Halt sat there for hours not knowing who or what was watching him, but eh know it was there. Soon Halt found himself starting to doze off, so he made himself a cup off coffie to keep himself awake.

Halt jolted awake, to his shock he had fallen asleep. Halt stood up and put an arrow to his bow. Halt looked around his small camp sight. It was in the same shape as the last time he saw it. He looked at his horse, who coked his head as if to ask, "Are you alright." Halt slowly pun the arrow back in his quiver, and started packing everything up. Halt then realized that the feeling was now gone. Halt was glad it was gone, but he was still worried, why hadn't it struck? Halt thought to himself. Halt got on his horse and rode off, hoping that whoever it was that was watching him was gone for good. He was sadly mistaken.