Chapter 21

Crawly, as fast as he could without hurting Halt walked threw Redmont castle to get to the room James was staying in. There James has all kinds of medical equipment. As Crawly carried Halt, Pauline, Emma, James, and Arold fallowed, noticing that Halt was dripping blood as they went. Soon they reached the room, James opened the door for Crawly and they all walked in. Crawly took Halt over to the bed and as gently as he could laied him down. Halt was drenched in his own blood, looked pail, and was having trouble breathing. Crawly then realized that he was covered in Halts blood, which made his hart ack. Halt is Crawly is best friend, he was not going to loose him.

James searched around the room franticly, as he searched for the things he would need. James told Crawly and Arold to take off their shirts so he could bandage up the wound. They did this, and when they saw the wound they new that it was really deep. James cleaned the wound and then bandaged it up, sighing as he finally finished. Everyone looked at him expectantly.

"Is he going to be ok?" Emma asked James looked at Halt for another moment, then at Emma.

"I'm not shore. The wound was infected, and he lost a lot of blood. We can only hope that Halt can make in threw." James said as he got up and started putting away everything. All Crawly could do was stand there and look at his best friends pail face, helpless to do anything. Crawly felt the tears flood into his eyes, but he wiped then away.

"We must find who did this." Crawly said and everyone nodded.

"Yes, but were do we start?" Arold asked.

"We start at Halts cabin." Emma said. Both Crawly and Arold nod.

"Ok, me, Crawly, and Arold will go and search for whoever did this. James you stay with Halt. Pauline can you send a letter to Will, and Gilan telling them what's happened, and that we can use all the hands we can get?" Emma said. Everyone nodded. As Crawly left the room he took one last look back at Halt. Crawly could tell that Halt was in a lot of pain. As Crawly fallowed Emma and Arold down the hall he swore that he would make whoever did this to his best friend pay.