Chapter 1

Heads up I bold the charter's names and the locations in bold as well some parts are italicized and the rest in normal

A few days before the first day of high school

Stefan came back into town after a few years. Some people think he is hiding a big secret. He makes it to the outside of the boarding house. Zach was outside waiting for Stefan's arrival. The car pulls up. Stefan gets out of the car and walks over to Zach.

Zach: Stefan, I'm glad you could make it home.

Stefan: me too but I don't remember calling you to say that I'm coming home

Zach: I just had a feeling that we're coming home.

Stefan: let's go inside.

Zach and Stefan walk into the boarding house.

Zach: I already went to the high school to make you a student there. But please keep it on the low on the first day. The Gilbert kids are gonna be there. Look I don't mind if you date Elena but don't make a big deal on your first day of school, please.

Stefan: Zach I doubt they will remember me from all those years ago. Plus I came back to get away from Damon. I got this feeling he found out my location again.

Zach: I wish you two could fix things so it's easy on you both. But what do I know anymore?

Stefan: Zach I get where you are coming from but I don't think Damon is willing to make things easy for me anymore. Plus he wants to make things hell for me. It has been like this for as long as I can remember.

Zach:  I'm gonna go out of town for a few months again. It's a trip I have to go on for work and also for myself as well. Call me if you need me.

Stefan: I got it. I have a question: what happens if Elena or Jeremy notices me and remembers me from their childhood?

Zach: They will not notice you. I kinda had Grayson erase their memory from that day.

Stefan: is that the only thing that you had Grayson forget from their childhood tho?

Zach: Yeah, I did it because I didn't know when you were gonna show up in town again.

At Gilbert's house

Elena: Hey Dad I'm gonna finally break up with Matt.

Grayson: why is that now

Elena: Well because all he does is talk about the future and it's not what I want to talk about. It doesn't feel right to be with you anymore. plus I'm kinda mad at him for not showing up when I need him the most.

Grayson:  alright  Jenna is gonna stay with us

Elena:  what do we do if she asks about why you are hiding from her at times or why you disappear from her?

Grayson: I got it just to tell her I'm stuck doing the night shift at work. Then during the day, I will say I'm going to lock myself in my office.

Elena: Dad but let's hope this works. If not then we screwed big time.

Grayson: Go break up with Matt then we will worry about Aunt Jenna when she comes.

Elena:  alright  Dad.

Over the phone with Elena and Matt

Elena hey Matt I need you to come and meet me outside of my house, please.

Matt is everything ok

Elena yeah

End of the phone call.