Chapter 20

Jenna stops by the house with clothes and food. 

Bonnie decides to go upstairs after Jenna leaves the house 

upstairs in Elena and Stefan's room 

 Bonnie walks into the room and sits in the chair 

Bonnie: Stefan are you ok?

Stefan: yeah I'm ok I just want someone up here with me.

Bonnie: I'm happy Elena found you.

Stefan: Why do you say that you are happy she found me?

Bonnie: when she was with Matt they did not have the best relationship at all. Matt would always be drunk on the weekends. During the school days, he would verbally abuse Elena. When we try to ask her what's wrong Matt would talk for her and say nothing is wrong and she is ok. There was this one time he pushed Elena and told everyone that she fell and scraped her kneecaps. She ran to me and I helped her get to the nurse's office before Matt went looking for her but I honestly think he went to Bekah after I helped Elena to the nurse. Elena's other ex Jake was controlling and also verbally abused as well but he did let her hang out with Tyler over me and Caroline and I'm to this day still trying to figure out why. Jake moved away when we were just about to go into high school then after Jake left Elena dated Matt but then thank goodness she is now dating you.

Stefan: did they do anything else to her while they were together?

Bonnie: Honestly, it's bad that I want to forget what happened to her.

Stefan:  why did her mom get sick?

Bonnie: oh her mom got sick from the cold weather we had a really bad snowstorm and her mom could not take the cold and was sick Elena tried to help her mom they brought a few heaters for her mom but they did not work. After we could drive on the road Elena's dad drove her mom to the hospital. Well, her mom and some unknown type of cancer, and she went into a coma and then a few days later she passed away.

Stefan: That is just awful on how her mom passed away.

Bonnie: Elena told me the full details about it and well she has not told me the full details about her dad yet.

Stefan: Well I can tell you about that one I  was with her when it happened.

Bonnie: Well I think we should let Elena tell me what happened. I don't want Elena to find out you told me what happened with her dad.

Stefan: fair point

Bonnie: I'm gonna go do some homework and check on Caroline 

Stefan: ok, can you ask Lexi to get me some blood?

Bonnie: you got it 

Bonnie walks downstairs

Bonnie: Lexi Stefan needs you to get him some blood 

Lexi: I'm on it 

Caroline comes into the house 

Caroline: I was staying after school to get some help with math 

Lexi: if you are struggling with classes I could help. 

Caroline: that works I didn't like who was helping me

Bonnie: let me guess it was that one guy who has really big glasses and has his hair parted super badly? 

Caroline: yeah it was him