chapter 8

On the roof

Jeremy wakes up

Jeremy: Is Dad ok?

Elena: We don't know if he is alive or dead yet Jer.

Inside the house

Jenna came home from work and saw Grayson's body there. She walked over it.

Jenna: Elena and Jeremy get down here now!

Jeremy climbs back into the house and leaves his sister and Stefan on the roof.

Stefan: Elena, I want you to stay at my house for as long as you would like to.

Elena: I'm ok with that idea because of what just happened. I have to ask Jenna first.

Stefan: it is getting cold outside so we should go back inside the house

Elena: yeah you are right it is getting cold outside. I thought vampires couldn't feel the temperature change.

Stefan: we actually can but are Body don't react to it

Elena: oh but what happens if you are a new vampire?

Stefan: It feels like you are still human but over the years it will change or in some cases, it can happen on your third day of being a vampire.

They climbed through the window back into Elena's room

In Elena's room

Elena: We should call Bonnie and Caroline to tell them.

Stefan:  I will tell them what happened today. I want you to ask Jenna about staying with me and Zach for a while.

They kissed

Then Elena went downstairs to find Jenna.

Downstairs

Jenna: What happens here?

Elena: There was a vampire hunter after Dad and killed Dad. I was wondering if I could stay with Zach and Stefan.

Jenna: Oh my gosh you mean to tell me that my brother-in-law was a vampire.

Elena: Yeah, my dad was a vampire. Is it ok if I stay at the Boarding House with Stefan and Zach for a while until I feel like moving back here?

Jenna: yes Elena we just need our time to grieve and to get over the fact we lost other family members.

Elena hugged her

Elena: thank you and no worries I will visit you and Alaric at his house.

Upstairs in Elena's room

Over the phone in a call between Stefan and Bonnie

Stefan: Hey Bonnie it's Stefan I need your help.

Bonnie: Of course what is it?

Stefan: Elena just lost her dad and I'm letting her stay at my house for a while and she needs help packing up her stuff. She needs to be around the people who care about her.

Bonnie: I'm on my way to my car. But make sure Matt doesn't find out that she is moving in with you. I'm not sure what will happen but it's something bad.

Stefan: I need you to come over now.

Bonnie:  I'm already on my way there now.

In Jeremy room

Elena walks into Jeremy's room.

Elena: Hey Jer I tell you something I don't know how you are gonna feel about it so here it goes I'm moving in with Zach and Stefan For a while.

Jeremy: OK cool I'm fine with it anyway I was going to move in with Matt. I may end up there with you as well or I'm going to be at Matt's house to try to get some common sense into him for you.

When Elena heard that he was gonna to move in with Matt it sent a shiver down her spine.

Elena walks downstairs

Downstairs

There was a knock on the door. Stefan opened the door it was Bonnie and Caroline

They run up to Elena and give her a hug

Both: I'm sorry for your loss

They all walk upstairs to Elena's room

Upstairs in Elena's room

Caroline: So who are you moving in with I know you don't want to stay here anymore.

Elena: I can't tell you Caroline I'm sorry.

Caroline: Is it Matt?

Elena: CAROLINE YOU ARE CRAZY I'M NOT MOVING IN WITH HIM!

Downstairs

Jenna and Stefan are going through Grayson's stuff in his office.

Jenna: Why do want Elena to stay with you and Zach so much?

Stefan: This place is an emotional trigger for Elena because all of the memories of her and her parents are in this house. I also want her to stay with me so I can protect her and I made a promise to her dad that she would be safe.

Jenna: that makes sense to me why? But will your uncle Zach be ok with Elena staying there?

Stefan: I'm sure he will be ok with it.

Stairs In Elena's room

Caroline: So who are you moving in with?

Elena: I'm not telling you.

Bonnie: Caroline that is enough.

Elena: I'm going to find Jenna because I need to give her something.

Both girls:  we will be up here packing up your stuff.

Elena:  thank you for all of the help so far.

Elena walked down the stairs to find Jenna

Downstairs

Elena: Jenna, where are you?

Jenna: I'm in your dad's office

Elena walked into the office

Elena: I need to give this to you. Dad said if anything happens to me and Jeremy then you need to give this to Jenna.

Jenna: thanks well I'm guessing this paper says that if you and a legal guardian then. Your parents sent that up when you guys were younger.

Elena: I don't know why it's like that but how about you go help Jeremy pack his stuff up?

Jenna: Do your friends know who you are staying with?

Elena: Bonnie knows who but Caroline does not know who is staying with yet.

Stefan is downstairs in the basement cleaning out some stuff. He finds a mini fridge, opens it up, and looks in it. It had blood bags in it so he unplugged it and ran it back to his house.

At the Salvatore boarding house.

Zach: Hey Stefan, I'm back from my trip. So what happened while I was gone?

Stefan: A vampire hunter came and killed Grayson and Elana is going to be moving in with us because I promised her dad that I would protect her. I and Elena are dating now.

Zach: I'm going to go and see how they are doing.

Stefan: It is ok if I brought blood bags in the mini-fridge before Jenna found it. Don't worry about Jeremy or Jenna because they are starting with friends they know. Jeremy is staying with Matt or here with us and Jenna is starting with some guy named Alaric.