Chapter 31

At the boarding house

Zach: welcome everyone come on in right this way

Everyone follows Zach to the dining room table. It's the only spot in the house that has plenty of seats for everyone to sit in. 

Zach: Can the teenagers go in the living room, please?

The teens walk into the living room

Ben: Why are we here?

Zach: glad you asked. we are here because everyone here has heard how you are treating your daughter Bonnie. well, I was wondering why you sent her to the room and sit there and be bored.

Ben: How do you know this?

Zach: Elena raised a concern for her friends with me.

Jenna: Elena also said something to me. I overheard Bonnie and Elena talk about it. when Bonnie was over at the house.

Mr. Lockwood: Look, we are worried you are gonna snap one day and hurt Bonnie and we want her to be safe. Zach and Jenna offered to take custody of her until she was old enough to be on her own. we are trying to do this for what is best Bonnie right now.

Ben: Jenna, are you sure you can take care of my daughter?

Alaric: she is more than capable of doing so she is taking care of her sister's kids already.

Jenn: yeah I'm more than capable of it.

Ben: I need time to think of my answers

Alice: Ben, I think you should do it because last night you put weight-lifting bars in front of her door. Plus you never seem to care when Bonnie becomes antisocial. I'm the one who has to get ahold of her friends to help her out. Plus last night she texted me saying she was going to stay at the boarding house night with Elena. I'm begging you to let someone else take care of her because I'm scared when you snap at her you are gonna physically hurt her. I mean it's bad enough that you verbally abuse her at times.

Ben: Fine Jenna, you get custody of her.

Mr Lockwood: I have all the paperwork to make this happen.

In the living room

Elena: oh my gosh Bonnie good news Jenna got custody of you.

Bonnie: I'm shocked this all happened

Caroline: Same here but what will happen to Alice?

Bonnie: I'm not sure what will happen to my mom. she might go and stay at Gram's house for a bit.

Elena: Tyler, how did you convince your dad to help?

Caroline: That was me. It happened when I went over to talk to Tyler's mom about dorming on campus. 

Elena: thank goodness it worked tho

Stefan: what do we do now?

Elena: go get Bonnie's stuff from her house and bring it here but have Jenna and Alaric help us

Jeremy: Well you guys have to make sure there is actual food here for Bonnie.

Elena: we know we keep real food here because of me

Jeremy: I think once a week and Jenna stops and brings food over for the both of you then.

Elena: that works.