chapter 16

On the car ride to New York

Stefan calls Lexie

Over the phone with Stefan and Lexi

Stefan We just left now and we are stopping on the way for food so I'm giving you the heads up we are on the way now.
Lexie give me a call when you get near my apartment.

End of phone call.

The next day in the car on the way to New York 

Over the phone with Stefan and Lexi.

Stefan, we are a few hours away now from your apartment

Lexi ok thanks for the heads-up

The next day later At Lexi's apartment

Everyone gets out of the car. Lexie saw them get then she walked out of her apartment to see if anyone needed help

Lexie: Hi Lexie well y'all have heard by now I'm Stefan's best friend. not only that I'm also a vampire like Stefan as well but I'm an older vampire than Stefan. Welcome everyone there is plenty of room for all of you guys to sleep in and there is plenty of food as well for all.

As they walk to the apartment

Bonnie walked to Elena

Bonnie: Do you think this was a good idea to do this?

Elena: Yes, because we can get a break from Matt and his crazy plans to get me back. break from everything lease that was happening back at home.

Bonnie:  I'm worried what happens if we go back and something happens to you with your power.

Elena: I will be fine Bonnie I need you not to be Ms . worried pants right now. it is a break and time to have some fun together.

Bonnie:  right what happened to the old Elena i knew 

Elena:  I'm still me i just want to have fun the get back all the drama. 

Bonnie: alright but this like an escape for a bit for you? 

Elena: yeah 

Stefan walks up to Elena and Bonnie

Stefan: what are you two talking

Elena: I and Bonnie were just talking about how the rods have a lot more cars on them than home does.

Stefan: we need to talk later

Elena: ok but please let it be good news.

Stefan: it's good news

Elena:  ok I'm all good for the new good news 

Bonnie: Elena you should probably put your stuff away. 

Elena: I will go find a room to put my stuff in.

Elena walked away to go find a room she found one and then put her suitcase in the room.

Bonnie: Stefan I'm worried about Elena and her power.

Stefan: I know but I need your help with something.

Bonnie: What is it?

Stefan: See, I have this promise ring for Elena. I need you to spell it to be a daylight ring and then I'm also going to need you and the others to set up a picnic on the roof. 

Bonnie:  how about you take her out for dinner tonight then come back here it will be all set.

Stefan: ok but I need to tell Elena something. I don't know how she is gonna take it.