Chapter 3

~Lucia~

Serafina knew me too well. She knew what I was capable of, and I was going to use that against her. But I also knew her. She wanted to save everyone, and I knew a way she couldn't.

Miromara was a perfect target. Mahdi was supposed to be mine, but instead he married that merl Serafina. Now Miromara was crawling with visitors, and royalty.

I made my escape route. I knew where I needed to go after I struck. The man made eye contact with me, and I nodded my head. He approached someone random, and began to fight him. The royal guards approached the scene. Among them was Serafina's older brother Desiderio. This was the perfect way to hit her hard, but before I could sing the spell he swam away. I cursed myself, but I still had to go forward with the plan. I whispered sang the quietest spell ever, and I watched as it unfolded.

The merman began to glow red, and I knew I had to leave or I'd be killed too. I follow my escape out of Cerluea.

I smiled as I heard the explosion. A rude awakening for the happy couple. This was something they could not ignore. I was sick of hiding, and I was sick of running. Now I was going to take back what was rightfully mine.

I made my way out of the gates, and began my trip to Matali. I had a feeling that Mahdi was going to be there. I wanted to be there first. I wanted to destroy the gates, and maybe the lower circle of homes, and shops.

I wanted them all to feel my pain. I watched my mother die, and then heard about my father's execution. Of course I had inflicted pain on Serafina by almost killing her, but it still wasn't enough. I had so much more pain to go around, and her family was the cause of it all.

The trip to Matali would be nearly two days if I slept on the way, but I wasn't going to. I was determined to make it there before they would. I knew it was risky but I had to take the short cut through the freshwaters. There was a current that ran right through there that I could travel on. I would have to cloak myself to stay safe, but it would be worth the risk. I swam as fast as I could to the current.

It was nearly sundown when I reached it. I took one of the transpersea pearls that I took from the Shadow Mance, and cast it. It would hopefully last me long enough to get through the river.

I heard hippokamps behind me. The Mahdi has caught up to me, but I knew better. I shot into the current, and didn't look back. Hopefully I would be in Matali before he would be, and he can witness his kingdom's destruction.