Chapter 6

~Lucia~

I knew Des and his friend were coming. And I knew that they were going to get in. I also knew al of Sera's soft spots, and wanted to see if I could find more. I did. There was only one thing that I could think of to push one of Sera's soft spots. So I did it. I stabbed Mahdi right through his stomach.

As I locked the door I cast a transpersea pearl and left the crime. I dropped the keys by the door so Des could open the door and get him out so Sera could see my work. I would be surprised to hear that he is alive after that kind of attack.

I swim through the halls of the old safe house, and out an open window. The Matalian gates were about a mile away. If I pushed it hard I could make it there before the pearl wore off.

It was about sun down, and soon it would be dark. It would be the perfect time to attack.

I crested the sand bar that laid between the safe house and the gates. There were the gates. I pushed harder to reach the gates. I was almost there when two guards swam to their posts. I stopped dead in my tracks. I couldn't wait any longer. I had to do this. I moved to the right to where I knew was the weakest part of the gates were.

I tried my best to hide the spell. The last note of the song spell faded, and the gates shook, and trembled. Then I watched as they began to crack and break sending sharp shards raining down. I swam out of the way to avoid getting hit by the shards.

The guards didn't know what to do, one got stabbed in the chest and began to bleed out. The other tried to swim away, but was caught under a falling piece of metal. They both became trapped under the falling gates.

Shouting came into hearing range. I swam to a rock and hid. Even though I was invisible, I couldn't risk anything. It was Des with Mahdi. They had saw the gates, but swam past it all. I smiled to myself and began to move into the city. There was a house in Matali that had followers of mine that I would be safe at. I quickly made my way there.

The house was tucked safely away in the lower parts of Matali. I rounded the corner and came to the house. I gave the series of knocks, and the door opened. It was dark in the first room, but as I made my way through the room the house became light. I undid the spell so now other mer could see me.

"Did you do it?" a girl asks me. She's thin, and tall. Her name is Hena.

"I ran into complications. I didn't kill him, but I stabbed him, and the chances of him dying are very high," I say.

"Good. The city gates?"

"Destroyed. Two guards were killed. Serafina's brother and Mahdi still made it into the city for help. I have no idea what happened to his friend that was with him."

Just as I said that the series of knocks came at the door. Hena swims to open the door. In swims a burly merman, holding a half conscious mermaid in his arms. She had bright white hair, and a dark black tail. She was built strong. A warrior. She was one of Sera's friends, one that helped her defeat Abbadon. The one Orfeo favored.

"What do you want me to do with her," the merman said.

"What's your name?" I ask. She looks up. Her lip is bleeding, and a black eye is forming. She spits blood into my face. I wipe it from my face. "Charming."

"You'll never get away with your plan Lucia," she says.

"What's stopping me? Lock her in a room. Make sure she won't get out."

He nods his head and takes the girl away. She struggles, but she is too weak to break free. Another series of knocks come at the door. Hena swims to the door and opens it again. A scout swims in. She's out of breath, and dressed nicely. She must be our spy in the palace here in Matali.

"What happened?" Hena asked.

"It's Mahdi. He isn't dead. They're treating him right now, and Serafina's brother is contacting her about the attack. She's going to be here by tomorrow," the girl said still out of breath.

"What's Mahdi's state?" I ask.

"Unconscious. Lots of blood loss. The chances of him waking are slim. But if you want to attack Sera, start planning."

"Thank you. Now go back to the palace and get some rest. If you're gone from the palace too long they'll notice. Now keep an eye on things," Hena said. The girl nods and leaves the house. "Well there you go. Start planning your revenge Lucia. Now's the time to act."

I nod my head. I knew Sera would be coming. I hoped she wouldn't suspect I was still here, that I had moved on. But I'm not going to.

I swim to a room I'll call my own for the next few days. Each house had a room that I called mine. It had all of my information in it. It's covered in maps, drawings, and other information I knew about Serafina. Thanks to inside workers I knew when every meeting Sera had, and every time she would be out of the palace. My plan wouldn't fail.

Yes my plan is long, but it shouldn't feel that way once the full force of it is in action.

A few knocks come at the door. I open it to see Hena again.

"We have a mer who is more than willing to donate to the cause Lucia," she says.

"Bring them here," I say.

In swims a mermaid in her early twenties. She was dirty, and looked to be crying.

"What's your name dear? I promise that I won't hurt you right now," I say faking a sweet tone.

"Right now maybe. But I know what you do to people like me. You cause them to explode," she says.

"My you are defiant. What caused you to get tangled in my web?"

"Nothing. I was kidnapped. I was trying to get food for my siblings when I was attacked."

"Well then. How about I send food to your siblings and you do one final task for me." I whisper a spell and send it towards her. A spell to have her cooperate with me. "Now listen to what I have to say."