Chapter 17

~Mahdi~

As soon as Sera left was when I was beginning to hear the commotion outside the door. Hopefully she was already asleep so she didn't have to listen to it. Sera was supposed to be released today, but she hasn't gotten any better. She's probably thinking about Lucia, and it's stressing her out, and that's why she isn't getting any better.

I lay my head back in the pillow and close my eyes. I try and sleep, but it doesn't come to me. My mind is racing. All I can think about thought is that Sera and I have been married for only a few days, but have hardly done anything. Instead we're both stuck in the same infirmary with injuries. A great way to celebrate our marriage I know.

I'm supposed to be released to my room for more bed rest by the end of the week. Hopefully Sera will feel better by then.

My door swings open. I perk up to see Neela swimming in.

"My gods Mahdi. You look terrible," she says swimming up to my bed.

"Thank you. I'm trying so hard," I respond. She gives a short laugh. "Did you need something?"

"I just wanted to know how Sera's doing. She's always in here with you, so you must know." Neela
sits in the chair.

"Not well. I just think that she's stressing out too much, and it's preventing her from getting better."

There is silence between us. Neela finally breaks it. "Hopefully once the girls get back here she'll finally calm down. Maybe then she'll get better."

"Don't you girls still have to find Astrid?" I remember that Astrid was taken. Where she is, I have no idea.

"You didn't hear? Astrid escaped, and made it back here. She's in the infirmary."

"Really?"

Neela scoffs, and with a smile she says, "Do you not hear all of the commotion outside your door? It's practically a mad house."

I laugh at her remark. I can only imagine what's going on out there. Then I can only imagine what happened to Astrid while she was with Lucia. Knowing Astrid she wouldn't give in easily.

"When are you released?" Neela asks.

"End of the week. Then bed rest in my room," I respond half heartedly.

"Hey. You're going to be okay."

"It's not the injury I'm worried about. Sera and I have been married for about a week now. We haven't had anytime together that wasn't in hospital beds, and infirmaries." I sigh.

"Well. You have the end of the week. Sera's supposed to be released then too. Maybe then you can do those things that married couples do," Neela says with a wink.

It takes a minute to sink in. When it does Neela is already by the door. "What? Neela!" She laughs and leaves the room.

I want to go after, but I know I can't. Even if I could, I knew I shouldn't. I smile to myself. That girl came seriously take things, and make them her own. I can't believe she would even imply that. That was actually the last thing I was thinking about when I said I wanted to just be alone with Sera. I sigh. Only Neela.

I lay my head back into my pillow, and fall asleep.